A game after he put up 28 points in a 96-76 loss to Pittsburgh, Alan Griffin leads the Syracuse Orange (7-4) at home against the Miami (FL) Hurricanes (6-6) on Tuesday, January 19, 2021. The Orange are favored by 5.5 points in the matchup, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on ACCN. The over/under is 143 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 19, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Orange to walk away with the victory, but the model spread (6.7) is 1.2 points further in their direction.
The DraftKings total for this game, 143 points, and the model’s projected total, 142.7 points, are only 0.3 points apart.
Prediction: Syracuse 75, Miami (FL) 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Orange’s average implied point total this season is 5.2 more points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (79.2 implied points on average compared to 74 implied points in this game).
- Syracuse has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (74) eight times.
- The 72.5-point average implied total on the season for the Hurricanes is 3.5 more points than the team’s 69-point implied total in this matchup.
- This season, Miami (FL) has scored more than this game’s implied total of 69 points five times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Syracuse and Miami (FL) Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Orange are shooting 44.2% from the field this season, 3.4 percentage points higher than the 40.8% the Hurricanes allow to opponents.
- Syracuse is 5-2 overall and 2-2 against the spread when it shoots higher than 40.8% from the field.
- Miami (FL) is 5-3 overall and 4-3 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot better than 44.2% from the field.
- The Hurricanes are shooting 43.7% from the field, 3.9% higher than the 39.8% the Orange’s opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Miami (FL) has a 5-3 record against the spread and a 5-4 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 39.8% from the field.
- Syracuse is 1-5 against the spread and 6-2 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot above 43.7% from the field.
- The Orange’s 31.5% three-point shooting percentage this season is 4.6 percentage points lower than opponents of the Hurricanes have shot from deep (36.1%).
- Syracuse has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 3-0 record overall when the team connects on more than 36.1% of its three-point shots.
- Miami (FL) is 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall when its opponents shoot better than 31.5% from deep.
- The Hurricanes are hitting 28.1% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is one percentage point fewer than the 29.1% the Orange’s are averaging on the season.
- Miami (FL)’s record is 4-2 ATS and 5-2 overall when the team hits more than 29.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Syracuse is 1-2 ATS and 3-2 overall in games when shooting over 28.1% from deep.
- The Orange knock down 8.4 three-pointers per game this season, 3.2 more made shots on average than the 5.2 per game the Hurricanes allow.
- The Orange are 1-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Hurricanes are 4-5 ATS and 5-5 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from