Julius Randle and the New York Knicks (6-8) are underdogs against Nikola Vucevic and the Orlando Magic (6-7) Monday, January 18, 2021 at Madison Square Garden. The game begins at 12:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The over/under for the matchup is .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of January 18, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Magic vs Knicks Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 18
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Foot),
Chuma Okeke: Out (Knee),
Al-Farouq Aminu: Out (Knee),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee),
Evan Fournier: Out (Back Spasms),
Mo Bamba: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Frank Ntilikina: Out (Right Knee),
Alec Burks: Day To Day (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Knicks (+1.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (206.5)|
|Prediction||Knicks 109, Magic 103|
While DraftKings has the Magic winning by 1.5, the model has the Knicks taking home the victory, with a considerable margin between the two spreads (7.2 points). Take the Knicks.
The model projects a total 5.3 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Magic Key Players
Magic Player Props
- Vucevic’s points prop total for the contest is set at 22.5, 0.3 points less than his season average of 22.8.
- Markelle Fultz’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 25.5, 4.1 greater than his season average of 21.4.
- Vucevic’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots lower than his season average of 2.7.
- Evan Fournier’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals greater than his season average of 1.4.
Knicks Key Players
Knicks Player Props
- Randle’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 20.5, 2.4 points lower than his season average of 22.9.
- Austin Rivers’ three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.5 shots less than his season average of 2.0.
- Mitchell Robinson’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 1.9.
- This season, the Magic have a 43.6% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.4% lower than the 44% of shots the Knicks’ opponents have knocked down.
- Orlando is 5-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall when it shoots higher than 44% from the field.
- New York is 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 43.6% from the field.
- The Knicks’ 45.1% shooting percentage from the field this season is the same as the Magic have allowed to their opponents.
- New York is 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall when it shoots higher than 48.5% from the field.
- When Orlando’s opponents shoot greater than 45.1% from the field, it is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- The Magic shoot 31.8% from deep, 0.6% higher than the 31.2% the Knicks allow to opponents.
- Orlando has assembled a 6-1 record against the spread and a 6-1 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 31.2% of its three-point attempts.
- New York has put up a 4-1 against the spread while going 4-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 31.8% from deep.
- The Knicks’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35.4%) is -2.2 percentage points higher than opponents of the Magic are averaging (37.6%).
- New York is 4-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall when shooting above 37.6% as a team from three-point range.
- Orlando is 5-1 ATS and 5-1 overall in games it shoots over 35.4% from deep.
- The Magic’s 9.8 made three-pointers per game this season are only 0.1 more made shots on average than the 9.7 per game the Knicks allow.
- Orlando has gone 4-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When New York hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 3-6 ATS and 3-6 straight up.
- The Knicks make the 29th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Magic give up the 18th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Magic vs Knicks Stat Rankings
|Magic Rank||Magic AVG||Knicks AVG||Knicks Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from