The Miami Heat (4-7) are favored by to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the Detroit Pistons (3-9) at 3:00 PM ET on Monday, January 18, 2021 at American Airlines Arena. The game airs on SUN. The over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of January 18, 2021, 1:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Heat vs Pistons Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 18
Maurice Harkless: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Gabe Vincent: Day To Day (Knee),
Tyler Herro: Day To Day (Neck),
Udonis Haslem: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Jimmy Butler: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Meyers Leonard: Out (Shoulder),
Avery Bradley: Out (Health protocols)
Frank Jackson: Day To Day (Ankle),
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip)
|Spread Pick||Pistons (+6)|
|Prediction||Heat 114, Pistons 110|
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (4.1 points) is a little tighter than the 6-point edge DraftKings gives to the Heat, though the data still has them as the favorite.
Heat Key Players
Heat Player Props
- Bam Adebayo’s rebounding prop total for the game is listed at 9.5 boards, 0.7 rebounds greater than his season average of 8.8.
- Goran Dragic’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 23.5, 1.2 greater than his season average of 22.3.
- Duncan Robinson’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots less than his season average of 3.6.
- Jimmy Butler’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.7 steals less than his season average of 2.2.
Pistons Key Players
Pistons Player Props
- Jerami Grant’s points prop total for the game is set at 14.5, 10.3 points less than his season average of 24.8.
- Mason Plumlee’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 13.5, 6.7 less than his season average of 20.2.
- Grant’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 1.3 shots less than his season average of 2.8.
- Plumlee’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.9 steals less than his season average of 1.4.
- This season, the Heat have a 47.9% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.3% lower than the 49.2% of shots the Pistons’ opponents have hit.
- In games Miami shoots higher than 49.2% from the field, it is 2-3 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
- Detroit’s record is 3-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall when its opponents make more than 47.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Pistons’ 42.3% shooting percentage from the field this season is 3.3 percentage points lower than the Heat have given up to their opponents (45.6%).
- This season, Detroit has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 1-2 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 45.6% from the field.
- This season, Miami has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 3-1 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 42.3% from the field.
- The Heat shoot 36.2% from beyond the arc, 2.6% lower than the 38.8% the Pistons allow to opponents.
- Miami has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 2-1 record overall when the team makes more than 38.8% of its three-point shots.
- Detroit is 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 36.2% from deep.
- The Pistons are knocking down 34.5% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is 3.2 percentage points fewer than the 37.7% the Heat’s opponents are averaging on the season.
- Detroit is 4-0 ATS and 1-3 overall when the team makes more than 37.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Miami has a 3-2 ATS record and a 2-3 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 34.5% of its three-point attempts.
- The Heat knock down 13.1 three-pointers per game this season, only 0.2 fewer made shots on average than the 13.3 per game the Pistons give up.
- When Detroit makes more threes than its opponents, it is 4-1 against the spread and 2-3 overall. When Miami is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 1-5 ATS and 1-5 straight up.
- The Heat make the 13th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Pistons allow the 27th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Heat vs Pistons Stat Rankings
|Heat Rank||Heat AVG||Pistons AVG||Pistons Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from