The Los Angeles Lakers (11-3) will look to LeBron James (sixth in the league scoring 24.1 points per game) when they attempt to hold off Stephen Curry (fifth in the NBA with 28.4 PPG) and the Golden State Warriors (6-6 on Monday, January 18, 2021 at Staples Center. The Lakers are home favorites in the matchup, which tips at 10:00 PM ET on TNT. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of January 18, 2021, 1:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Warriors Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 18
Jared Dudley: Day To Day (Calf),
Kostas Antetokounmpo: Day To Day (Knee)
Alen Smailagic: Out (Knee),
Klay Thompson: Out For Season (Right Achilles),
Marquese Chriss: Out For Season (Leg)
|Spread Pick||Lakers (-9)|
|Total Pick||Under (225)|
|Prediction||Lakers 119, Warriors 105|
The DraftKings line for this game has the Lakers favored by nine, while the model predicts they’ll win by considerably more (14.1 points). Put your money on the Lakers.
The model predicts a total 1.7 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Lakers Key Players
Lakers Player Props
- James’ assists prop over/under for the game is set at 8.5 assists, 0.8 assists higher than his season average of 7.7.
- Anthony Davis’ rebounding prop over/under for the contest is set at 8.5 rebounds, 0.2 rebounds greater than his season average of 8.3.
- James’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 2.4.
- Davis’ blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
Warriors Key Players
|Kelly Oubre Jr.||12||11.1||5.5||1.0||1.3||0.9||1.1|
Warriors Player Props
- Curry’s points prop total for the contest is set at 26.5, 1.9 points less than his season average of 28.4.
- Draymond Green’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 20.5, 4.9 higher than his season average of 15.6.
- Curry’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.7 shots less than his season average of 4.2.
- Green’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals greater than his season average of 1.3.
- The Lakers are shooting 48.8% from the field this season, 4.2 percentage points higher than the 44.6% the Warriors allow to opponents.
- In games Los Angeles shoots better than 44.6% from the field, it is 7-4 against the spread and 8-3 overall.
- Golden State’s record is 5-5 against the spread and 5-5 overall when its opponents make more than 48.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Warriors are shooting 43.9% from the field, 0.2% lower than the 44.1% the Lakers’ opponents have shot this season.
- Golden State has put together a 4-2 record against the spread and a 4-2 straight up record in games it shoots better than 44.1% from the field.
- Los Angeles is 5-2 against the spread and 7-0 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 43.9% from the field.
- The Lakers shoot 39.6% from beyond the arc, 1.4% higher than the 38.2% the Warriors allow to opponents.
- Los Angeles has collected a 5-2 record against the spread and a 7-0 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 38.2% of its three-point shots.
- Golden State is 4-3 against the spread and 4-3 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 39.6% from deep.
- The Warriors shoot 35.2% from three-point distance this season. That’s -1.3 percentage points lower than the Lakers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (33.9%).
- Golden State is 4-3 against the spread and 5-2 overall when shooting over 33.9% as a team from three-point range.
- Los Angeles is 6-2 ATS and 6-2 overall in games it shoots above 35.2% from deep.
- The Lakers knock down 12.7 three-pointers per game this season, only 0.6 fewer made shots on average than the 13.3 per game the Warriors give up.
- Golden State has gone 3-2 against the spread and 4-1 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Los Angeles makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 1-4 ATS and 2-3 straight up.
- The Warriors make the ninth-most three-pointers in the league, while the Lakers give up the sixth-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Lakers vs Warriors Stat Rankings
|Lakers Rank||Lakers AVG||Warriors AVG||Warriors Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from