The Utah Jazz (8-4) are as they attempt to build on a four-game win streak when they visit the Denver Nuggets (6-6) on Sunday, January 17, 2021 at Ball Arena. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET on SportsNet RM. The matchup’s point total is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of January 17, 2021, 1:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nuggets vs Jazz Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 17
Greg Whittington: Out (Left Knee),
Michael Porter Jr.: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Derrick Favors: Day To Day (Knee),
Joe Ingles: Out (Achilles),
Juwan Morgan: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
|Spread Pick||Jazz (+1.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (220)|
|Prediction||Jazz 112, Nuggets 111|
While FanDuel has the Nuggets winning by 1.5, the model has the Jazz taking home the victory, though the margin is fairly small (2.4 points). Lean toward taking the Jazz.
In this game, the model projects a total (222.6 points) marginally higher than the FanDuel over/under (220 points).
Nuggets Key Players
Nuggets Player Props
- Nikola Jokic’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is posted at 9.5 rebounds, 1.8 rebounds lower than his season average of 11.3.
- JaMychal Green’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.9 shots lower than his season average of 2.4.
- Jokic’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 steals less than his season average of 1.9.
Jazz Key Players
Jazz Player Props
- Donovan Mitchell’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 33.5, 1.6 greater than his season average of 31.9.
- Rudy Gobert’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 28.5, 1.7 greater than his season average of 26.8.
- Mitchell’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 1.1 shots lower than his season average of 3.6.
- Gobert’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 1.3 blocks lower than his season average of 2.8.
- This season, the Nuggets have a 49.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 5.2% higher than the 43.9% of shots the Jazz’s opponents have knocked down.
- In games Denver shoots higher than 43.9% from the field, it is 4-8 against the spread and 6-6 overall.
- Utah’s record is 7-3 against the spread and 8-2 overall when its opponents make more than 49.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Jazz are shooting 45.8% from the field, 2.4% lower than the 48.2% the Nuggets’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Utah has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 4-0 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 48.2% from the field.
- Denver is 2-2 against the spread and 3-1 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot higher than 45.8% from the field.
- The Nuggets’ 37.7% three-point shooting percentage this season is three percentage points higher than opponents of the Jazz have shot from beyond the arc (34.7%).
- Denver is 3-4 against the spread and 4-3 overall when it shoots better than 34.7% from distance.
- Utah is 6-1 against the spread while putting together a 6-1 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 37.7% from beyond the arc.
- The Jazz’s three-point shooting percentage this season (39.6%) is 0.7 percentage points higher than opponents of the Nuggets are averaging (38.9%).
- Utah is 4-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall when shooting over 38.9% as a team from three-point range.
- Denver is 3-4 ATS and 5-2 overall in games it shoots over 39.6% from deep.
- The Nuggets hit 12.8 three-pointers per game this season, 3.4 fewer makes per game than the Jazz allow (16.2).
- Utah has gone 7-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Denver makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 1-6 ATS and 2-5 straight up.
- The Nuggets are the 16th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Jazz give up the second-fewest makes from deep.
Nuggets vs Jazz Stat Rankings
|Nuggets Rank||Nuggets AVG||Jazz AVG||Jazz Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from