The San Antonio Spurs (6-6) are favored by to break a four-game home losing streak when they host the Houston Rockets (4-6) on Saturday, January 16, 2021 at 5:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of January 16, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Spurs vs Rockets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 16
Derrick White: Out (Toe),
Drew Eubanks: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Keita Bates-Diop: Day To Day (Upper Respiratory Infection),
Quinndary Weatherspoon: Out (Knee)
Chris Clemons: Out For Season (Achilles),
Danuel House Jr.: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Eric Gordon: Day To Day (Leg),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
DeMarcus Cousins: Day To Day (Ankle),
Brodric Thomas: Day To Day (Ankle),
John Wall: Out (Knee)
|Spread Pick||Rockets (+6.5)|
|Prediction||Spurs 114, Rockets 109|
The spread for this game suggested by the model (4.2 points) is a little tighter than the 6.5-point edge FanDuel gives to the Spurs, though the data still has them as the favorite.
Spurs Key Players
Spurs Player Props
- DeMar DeRozan’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 33.5, 0.5 greater than his season average of 33.0.
- Keldon Johnson’s rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is posted at 6.5 boards, 0.8 rebounds lower than his season average of 7.3.
- Patty Mills’ three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots lower than his season average of 3.0.
- Rudy Gay’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 0.8.
Rockets Key Players
Rockets Player Props
- Christian Wood’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is listed at 10.5 rebounds, 0.4 rebounds higher than his season average of 10.1.
- John Wall’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 29.5, 1.1 higher than his season average of 28.4.
- Victor Oladipo’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots lower than his season average of 2.8.
- Oladipo’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals less than his season average of 1.8.
- The Spurs make 44.5% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.8 percentage points lower than the Rockets have allowed to their opponents (46.3%).
- San Antonio has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 3-0 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 46.3% from the field.
- Houston has a 2-0 record against the spread and a 2-0 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 44.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Rockets are shooting 46.6% from the field, 0.9% lower than the 47.5% the Spurs’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Houston has a 3-2 record against the spread and a 3-2 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 47.5% from the field.
- This season, San Antonio has a 4-1 record against the spread and a 2-3 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 46.6% from the field.
- The Spurs shoot 37.3% from beyond the arc, 0.1% higher than the 37.2% the Rockets allow to opponents.
- San Antonio has collected a 5-2 record against the spread and a 5-2 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 37.2% of its three-point shots.
- Houston is 3-2 against the spread and 4-1 overall when its opponents shoot better than 37.3% from deep.
- The Rockets are hitting 34.3% of their shots from three-point distance, which is 5.5 percentage points fewer than the 39.8% the Spurs’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Houston is 1-1 ATS and 1-1 overall when the team hits more than 39.8% of its three-point attempts.
- San Antonio has a 3-0 ATS record and a 2-1 straight-up record this season when it connects on more than 34.3% of its three-point shots.
- The Spurs’ 11.7 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.4 fewer made shots on average than the 13.1 per game the Rockets allow.
- Houston has gone 3-3 against the spread and 4-2 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When San Antonio hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 2-5 ATS and 2-5 straight up.
- The Rockets make the 13th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Spurs allow the 13th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Spurs vs Rockets Stat Rankings
|Spurs Rank||Spurs AVG||Rockets AVG||Rockets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from