The Hometown Lenders Bahamas Bowl will see the UAB Blazers meet the Miami (OH) RedHawks. The Blazers () take to the field against the RedHawks ( on the moneyline to win) on December 16, 2022 at 11:30 AM ET on ESPN. Bookmakers have set the game’s total at .
The betting facts in the article below reference odds valid as of December 16, 2022 at 1:27 AM ET. Head to the table below for the latest lines for this game and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at FanDuel today!
UAB Vs. Miami (OH) Odds
|Miami (OH) (+10.5)||Over (44.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|UAB||Stats (Rank)||Miami (OH)|
|30.6 (53)||Points Per Game||20.3 (113)|
|23.4 (40)||Points Per Game Against||22.5 (34)|
|199.1 (105)||Pass Yards||156.2 (123)|
|196.8 (28)||Pass Yards Against||235.8 (84)|
|243.2 (5)||Rush Yards||137.8 (85)|
|171.2 (95)||Rush Yards Against||132.8 (40)|
|15 (45)||Giveaways||9 (6)|
|16 (60)||Takeaways||16 (60)|
UAB Vs. Miami (OH) Betting Insights
UAB Stats And Trends
- UAB is 4-8-0 against the spread this year.
- As at least a 10.5-point favorite, UAB has two wins ATS (2-3).
- This season, six of UAB’s 12 games have go over the point total.
- The Blazers and their opponent have broken the 44.5-point mark nine times this season.
- The over/under in this matchup is 44.5 points, 10.6 fewer than the average total in this season’s Blazers contests.
Miami (OH) Stats And Trends
- Miami (OH) has five wins in 12 contests against the spread this year.
- Miami (OH) has won once ATS (1-1) as a 10.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- Of 12 Miami (OH) games so far this season, three have hit the over.
- RedHawks games have gone over 44.5 points on six occasions this year.
- This season, RedHawks games have resulted in an average scoring total of 49.8, which is 5.3 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
UAB Players To Watch
- Dylan Hopkins has thrown for 1,716 yards (171.6 ypg) to lead UAB, completing 62.8% of his passes and collecting nine touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 108 rushing yards (10.8 ypg) on 45 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, DeWayne McBride, has carried the ball 233 times for 1,710 yards (155.5 per game), with 19 touchdowns this year.
- This season Jermaine Brown Jr. has rushed for 832 yards (69.3 per game) on 142 carries with six touchdowns.
- Trea Shropshire’s 740 receiving yards (74.0 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 35 receptions and five touchdowns.
- Tejhaun Palmer has racked up 461 receiving yards (51.2 yards per game) and two touchdowns, reeling in 27 passes this year.
- Samario Rudolph’s 14 receptions have yielded 262 yards (37.4 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Miami (OH) Players To Watch
- Aveon Smith has been a dual threat to lead Miami (OH) in both passing and rushing. He has 1,021 passing yards (113.4 ypg), completing 49.1% of his passes and recording seven touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 501 yards (55.7 ypg) on 91 carries with six rushing touchdowns.
- This season Keyon Mozee has rushed for 434 yards (43.4 per game) on 98 carries with two touchdowns.
- Mac Hippenhammer’s 733 receiving yards (61.1 yards per game) lead the team. He has 53 receptions with eight touchdowns.
- Miles Marshall has put up a 377-yard season so far (41.9 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, hauling in 23 passes.
- Jack Coldiron’s 21 catches this season have resulted in 256 yards (23.3 ypg).