The South Alabama Jaguars will battle the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl. The Hilltoppers (moneyline odds to win) will take to the field against the Jaguars ( ) on December 21, 2022 at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN. A total of points has been set for the matchup by bookmakers.
The betting trends in what follows use the latest odds as of December 21, 2022 at 9:26 PM ET. Check out the table below for the most up-to-date lines for this matchup and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at BetMGM today!
South Alabama Vs. Western Kentucky Odds
|Western Kentucky (+4)||Under (57.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|South Alabama||Stats (Rank)||Western Kentucky|
|31.9 (39)||Points Per Game||35.8 (18)|
|19.4 (14)||Points Per Game Against||23.5 (43)|
|258.7 (38)||Pass Yards||339.2 (2)|
|215.8 (52)||Pass Yards Against||224.7 (70)|
|164.6 (56)||Rush Yards||144.4 (72)|
|87.5 (4)||Rush Yards Against||156.3 (79)|
|13 (26)||Giveaways||20 (106)|
|16 (63)||Takeaways||29 (1)|
South Alabama Vs. Western Kentucky Betting Insights
South Alabama Stats And Trends
- South Alabama has seven wins in 12 games against the spread this year.
- For the year, South Alabama is 4-4 as 4-point or better favorites.
- This season, seven of South Alabama’s 12 games have go over the point total.
- Jaguars games have had more than 57.5 points scored on five occasions this year.
- Jaguars games this season have posted an average total of 52.0, which is 5.5 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
Western Kentucky Stats And Trends
- Western Kentucky has beaten the spread eight times in 13 games.
- As a 4-point underdog or more, Western Kentucky has two wins ATS (2-1).
- There have been five Western Kentucky games (out of 13) that went over the total this season.
- Hilltoppers games have finished with over 57.5 points scored nine times this year.
- The average total points scored in Hilltoppers games this year (57.5) is 7.1 points higher than the total for this matchup.
South Alabama Players To Watch
- Carter Bradley has thrown for 2,968 yards (247.3 ypg) to lead South Alabama, completing 64.2% of his passes and tossing 25 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions this season.
- La’Damian Webb’s team-high 1,010 rushing yards (91.8 per game) have come on 196 carries, with 13 touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 17 catches for 184 yards (16.7 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Braylon McReynolds has piled up 55 carries for 311 yards (31.1 per game), while also catching 17 passes for 188 yards (18.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jalen Wayne’s 797 receiving yards (66.4 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 56 receptions and nine touchdowns.
- Caullin Lacy has put together a 755-yard season so far (62.9 receiving yards per game) with six touchdowns, reeling in 58 passes.
- Devin Voisin has hauled in 53 catches for 714 yards (59.5 ypg) and four touchdowns this season.
Western Kentucky Players To Watch
- Austin Reed has thrown for 4,250 yards (326.9 ypg) to lead Western Kentucky, completing 64.5% of his passes and collecting 36 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 207 rushing yards (15.9 ypg) on 86 carries with eight rushing touchdowns.
- Kye Robichaux has carried the ball 73 times for a team-high 496 yards (62.0 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Davion Ervin-Poindexter has rushed for 493 yards (41.1 per game) on 107 carries with three touchdowns.
- Malachi Corley’s team-leading 1,181 receiving yards (90.8 yards per game) have come on 90 receptions with nine touchdowns.
- Daewood Davis has put up an 882-yard season so far (73.5 receiving yards per game) with seven touchdowns, hauling in 65 passes.
- Jaylen Hall’s 58 grabs have netted him 729 yards (56.1 ypg) and five touchdowns.