The San Jose State Spartans will battle the Eastern Michigan Eagles in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. The Spartans () take to the field against the Eagles ( on the moneyline to win) on December 20, 2022 at 3:30 PM ET on ESPN. The total for the matchup is set at points.
The insights in the following article reflect odds as of December 20, 2022 at 4:23 PM ET. Keep scrolling for a look at all of the latest odds for this matchup and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at FanDuel today!
San Jose State Vs. Eastern Michigan Odds
|San Jose State (-3.5)||Under (54)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|San Jose State||Stats (Rank)||Eastern Michigan|
|27.5 (73)||Points Per Game||28.8 (64)|
|20.3 (23)||Points Per Game Against||28.6 (89)|
|263.2 (32)||Pass Yards||205.0 (98)|
|209.8 (44)||Pass Yards Against||193.7 (26)|
|92.9 (124)||Rush Yards||139.4 (83)|
|122.1 (28)||Rush Yards Against||143.9 (57)|
|6 (2)||Giveaways||16 (55)|
|18 (41)||Takeaways||15 (72)|
San Jose State Vs. Eastern Michigan Betting Insights
San Jose State Stats And Trends
- San Jose State’s record against the spread is 4-7-0.
- San Jose State has two wins ATS (2-5) as a 3.5-point or higher favorite in 2022.
- This season, four of San Jose State’s 11 games have gone over the point total.
- The Spartans and their opponent have broken the 54-point mark three times this year.
- Spartans games this season have posted an average total of 48.0, which is 6.0 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
Eastern Michigan Stats And Trends
- Eastern Michigan has six wins in 12 contests against the spread this year.
- As 3.5-point underdogs or greater, Eastern Michigan is 4-1 against the spread.
- There have been six Eastern Michigan games (out of 12) that hit the over this season.
- Eagles games have finished with more than 54 points seven times this year.
- This season, Eagles games have resulted in an average scoring total of 57.0, which is 3.0 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
San Jose State Players To Watch
- Chevan Cordeiro leads San Jose State with 2,876 passing yards (261.5 ypg) on 233-of-383 passing with 20 touchdowns and four interceptions this season. He also has 210 rushing yards (19.1 ypg) on 129 carries while scoring eight touchdowns on the ground.
- Kairee Robinson’s team-high 696 rushing yards (63.3 per game) have come on 143 carries, with 10 touchdowns this year.
- Elijah Cooks’ 989 receiving yards (89.9 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s collected 64 receptions and 10 touchdowns.
- Justin Lockhart has put up a 566-yard season so far (56.6 receiving yards per game), reeling in 34 passes.
- Jermaine Braddock’s 25 catches have turned into 289 yards (28.9 ypg).
Eastern Michigan Players To Watch
- Taylor Powell has 1,720 passing yards (215.0 ypg) to lead Eastern Michigan, completing 64.9% of his passes and tossing 14 touchdown passes and six interceptions this season.
- Samson Evans’ team-high 1,082 rushing yards (98.4 per game) have come on 223 carries, with 13 touchdowns this year.
- This season Jaylon Jackson has collected 343 yards (28.6 per game) on 79 carries.
- Tanner Knue’s 597 receiving yards (54.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 43 receptions with nine touchdowns.
- Hassan Beydoun has racked up 453 receiving yards (37.8 yards per game) and four touchdowns, hauling in 48 passes this year.
- Dylan Drummond’s 30 grabs have yielded 440 yards (48.9 ypg) and three touchdowns.