A pair of hot teams meet when the Milwaukee Bucks (8-4) host the Dallas Mavericks (6-4) on Friday, January 15, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET. The Mavericks are underdogs and will attempt to keep their three-game win streak going against the Bucks, winners of three straight. The matchup has an over/under set at points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of January 15, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Bucks vs Mavericks Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 15
Jrue Holiday: Day To Day (Ankle),
Torrey Craig: Day To Day (Nose)
Dorian Finney-Smith: Out (Health protocols),
Kristaps Porzingis: Day To Day (Ankle),
Josh Richardson: Out (Health protocols),
Dwight Powell: Day To Day (Health protocols),
Jalen Brunson: Out (Health protocols),
Maxi Kleber: Out (Health and safety protocols)
|Spread Pick||Mavericks (+6)|
|Total Pick||Under (227)|
|Prediction||Bucks 113, Mavericks 109|
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (3.6 points) is a little bit less than the 6-point edge DraftKings gives to the Bucks, though the data still has them as the favorite.
In this game, the model projects a total (222.1 points) a little lower than the DraftKings over/under (227 points).
Bucks Key Players
Bucks Player Props
- Giannis Antetokounmpo’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 28.5, 2.3 points greater than his season average of 26.2.
- Khris Middleton’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 32.5, 1.1 less than his season average of 33.6.
- Middleton’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots less than his season average of 2.7.
- Jrue Holiday’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.7 steals lower than his season average of 2.2.
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||10||18.4||3.8||2.3||0.8||0.2||3.8|
Mavericks Player Props
- Luka Doncic’s points prop total for the game is set at 27.5, 0.1 points greater than his season average of 27.4.
- Tim Hardaway Jr.’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.3 shots lower than his season average of 3.8.
- James Johnson’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.0 steal lower than his season average of 1.5.
- This season, the Bucks have a 49.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 5.5% higher than the 43.8% of shots the Mavericks’ opponents have knocked down.
- Milwaukee has a 6-4 record against the spread and an 8-2 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 43.8% from the field.
- Dallas is 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 49.3% from the field.
- The Mavericks are shooting 45.2% from the field, one% higher than the 44.2% the Bucks’ opponents have shot this season.
- Dallas is 4-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall when it shoots better than 44.2% from the field.
- This season, Milwaukee has a 5-2 record against the spread and a 7-0 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 45.2% from the field.
- The Bucks’ 41.2% three-point shooting percentage this season is 10.3 percentage points higher than opponents of the Mavericks have shot from beyond the arc (30.9%).
- Milwaukee is 6-5 against the spread and 8-3 overall when it shoots better than 30.9% from distance.
- Dallas is 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 41.2% from deep.
- The Mavericks’ three-point shooting percentage this season (34.8%) is -2.2 percentage points higher than opponents of the Bucks are averaging (37%).
- Dallas has a 3-1 ATS record and is 3-1 straight-up when the team hits more than 37% of its three-point attempts.
- Milwaukee has a 5-0 ATS record and a 5-0 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 34.8% of its three-point shots.
- The Bucks knock down 16.5 three-pointers per game this season, 2.7 more makes per game than the Mavericks give up (13.8).
- Milwaukee is 6-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while Dallas is 0-4 ATS and 0-4 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
- The Mavericks are the ninth-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Bucks allow the 21st-fewest makes from deep.
Bucks vs Mavericks Stat Rankings
|Bucks Rank||Bucks AVG||Mavericks AVG||Mavericks Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from