The Memphis Grizzlies (5-6) are just 2-point underdogs as they look to build on a three-game road win streak when they square off against the Minnesota Timberwolves (3-8) on Friday, January 15, 2021 at Target Center. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on FS-SE.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of January 15, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Timberwolves vs Grizzlies Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 15
Karl-Anthony Towns: Day To Day (Wrist),
Juancho Hernangomez: Out (Health Protocols),
Josh Okogie: Day To Day (Hamstring),
Jake Layman: Out (Personal),
Ricky Rubio: Out (Health Protocols)
Jontay Porter: Out (Knee),
Justise Winslow: Out (Hip),
Ja Morant: Day To Day (Ankle),
Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee),
Killian Tillie: Out (Hip)
|Spread Pick||Grizzlies (+2)|
|Prediction||Grizzlies 113, Timberwolves 108|
The data strongly suggests betting on the Grizzlies in this one. The model favors them while DraftKings has the Timberwolves favored and the difference between the two is 6.4 points.
Timberwolves Key Players
Timberwolves Player Props
- D’Angelo Russell’s assists prop total for the matchup is posted at 5.5 assists, equal to his season average of 5.5.
- Jarrett Culver’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 14.5, 0.4 greater than his season average of 14.1.
- Russell’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.7 shots greater than his season average of 2.8.
- Ricky Rubio’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals greater than his season average of 1.4.
Grizzlies Key Players
Grizzlies Player Props
- Dillon Brooks’ PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 24.5, 0.5 greater than his season average of 24.0.
- Tyus Jones’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 14.5, 2.4 lower than his season average of 16.9.
- Brooks’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots greater than his season average of 2.2.
- Jones’ steals prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.0 steal lower than his season average of 1.5.
- This season, the Timberwolves have a 44.4% shooting percentage from the field, which is one% lower than the 45.4% of shots the Grizzlies’ opponents have hit.
- Minnesota is 1-2-1 against the spread and 0-4 overall when it shoots higher than 45.4% from the field.
- Memphis is 4-1 against the spread and 3-2 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 44.4% from the field.
- The Grizzlies’ 45% shooting percentage from the field this season is the same as the Timberwolves have allowed to their opponents.
- This season, Memphis has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 48.4% from the field.
- Minnesota is 2-0-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot higher than 45% from the field.
- The Timberwolves are knocking down 32.8% of their three-point shots this season, three% lower than the 35.8% the Grizzlies allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Minnesota has collected a 1-1-1 record against the spread and a 1-2 straight-up record in games this season when the team makes more than 35.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Memphis is 3-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 32.8% from deep.
- The Grizzlies shoot 33.1% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 4.3 percentage points lower than the Timberwolves have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (37.4%).
- Memphis is 2-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall when shooting above 37.4% as a team from three-point range.
- Minnesota has a 4-1 ATS record and a 3-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 33.1% from three-point distance.
- The Timberwolves make 11.3 three-pointers per game this season, 1.1 more made shots on average than the 10.2 per game the Grizzlies give up.
- When Minnesota makes more threes than its opponents, it is 4-1-1 against the spread and 3-3 overall. When Memphis is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 4-3 ATS and 4-3 straight up.
- The Grizzlies rank 27th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Timberwolves allow the 16th-fewest made threes in the league.
Timberwolves vs Grizzlies Stat Rankings
|Timberwolves Rank||Timberwolves AVG||Grizzlies AVG||Grizzlies Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from