The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5) visit the New Orleans Saints (12-4) in the NFC Divisional round of the 2020 NFL Playoffs as underdogs on January 17, 2021 at 6:40 PM ET on FOX. The over/under is set at for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 12, 2021, 1:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Saints vs. Buccaneers Odds
|Saints (-3.0)||Under (51.5)||Saints 27 Buccaneers 24|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Saints Betting Insights
- New Orleans has compiled a 9-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Saints are 8-6 ATS when favored by at least 3.0 points.
- Most of New Orleans’ games this year — 10 out of 16 — have gone over the point total (62.5%).
- The Saints, on average, score 7.9 more points per game this season (30.1) than the Buccaneers allow (22.2).
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, New Orleans is 6-0 and 6-0 against the spread.
- When the Tampa Bay defense allows 22.2 points or fewer this year, the Buccaneers have pieced together a 6-1 overall record and a 6-1 record against the spread.
- New Orleans is an even 4-4 against the spread in home games this year, and is 6-2 overall at home.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Buccaneers Betting Insights
- Tampa Bay has compiled a 9-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Buccaneers are 7-6 ATS when an underdog by at least 3.0 points.
- 9 of Tampa Bay’s 16 games this year have gone over the point total (56.2% of its outings).
- The Buccaneers, on average, score 9.7 more points per game this season (30.8) than the Saints allow (21.1).
- Tampa Bay is 8-0 overall and 6-2 against the spread when they score at least 30.8 points this season.
- When New Orleans allows opposing offenses to put 21.1 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 6-0 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- Tampa Bay is an even 4-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 6-2 overall on the road.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Saints||30.1 (5)||21.1 (5)||51.2|
|Buccaneers||30.8 (3)||22.2 (8)||52.9|
Saints Players to Watch
- Drew Brees leads the team with 2,942 passing yards (245.2 yards per game) and has a 70.5% completion percentage this year (275-of-390) while throwing 24 touchdowns and six interceptions in 12 games.
- Alvin Kamara has rushed for a team-leading 932 yards on 187 carries (58.3 yards per game) while scoring 16 touchdowns in 16 games. He also averages 47.3 receiving yards per game, grabbing 83 passes for 756 yards and five touchdowns.
- Latavius Murray has 656 yards on 146 carries (41.0 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns over the course of 16 games.
- Emmanuel Sanders has added 726 yards on 61 catches with five touchdowns. He has been targeted 82 times and puts up 45.4 receiving yards per game in 16 matchups this year.
- Jared Cook has caught 37 passes on 60 targets for 504 yards and seven touchdowns, averaging 33.6 yards per game in 15 contests in 2020.
- Cameron Jordan has 7.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 11.0 TFL and 51 tackles over 16 games.
- Demario Davis has racked up 118 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and four sacks to lead the team in tackles so far in 16 games over the 2020 campaign.
- Marcus Williams has picked off three passes to lead the team while adding 59 tackles and seven passes defended 14 over games.
Buccaneers Players to Watch
- This year, Tom Brady has put up 4,633 passing yards (289.6 yards per game) while going 401-for-610 (65.7% completion percentage) and throwing 40 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in 16 games.
- Ronald Jones II has taken 192 attempts for a team-leading 978 rushing yards (61.1 yards per game) while scoring seven touchdowns in 16 games.
- Leonard Fournette has 367 yards on 97 carries (28.2 ypg), with six rushing touchdowns over the course of 13 games. He also has 36 catches for 233 yards (17.9 ypg).
- Mike Evans has been targeted 109 times and has 70 catches to lead the team with 1,006 yards (62.9 ypg) with 13 touchdowns in 16 games this season.
- Chris Godwin’s statline this year shows 65 catches for 840 yards and seven touchdowns over the course of 12 games. He averages 70.0 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 84 times.
- Rob Gronkowski has caught 45 passes on 77 targets for 623 yards and seven touchdowns, averaging 38.9 yards per game in 16 contests in 2020.
- Jason Pierre-Paul has registered a team-leading 9.5 sacks, while adding 7.0 TFL, 55 tackles, and two interceptions over 16 games.
- In 16 games over the 2020 campaign, Devin White has totaled 140 tackles, 15.0 TFL, and 9.0 sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- This season, Carlton Davis leads the team with four interceptions and has added 68 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 18 passes defended 14 in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from