The Orlando Magic (6-2) are underdogs (by points) to continue a three-game road win streak when they visit the Houston Rockets (2-4) on Friday, January 8, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of January 8, 2021, 12:55 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Rockets vs Magic Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 8
Kenyon Martin Jr.: Day To Day (Illness),
Chris Clemons: Out For Season (Achilles),
Ben McLemore: Day To Day (Illness),
Christian Wood: Day To Day (Knee),
Danuel House Jr.: Out (Back),
Mason Jones: Day To Day (Right Ankle)
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Foot),
Chuma Okeke: Out (Knee),
Al-Farouq Aminu: Out (Knee),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee),
Evan Fournier: Day To Day (Back Spasms)
Magic 114 Rockets 108
Click here to claim your free sports bet (up to $500) at William Hill! The William Hill point total for this matchup is just 6.2 points higher than the model projection.
Rockets Key Players
Rockets Player Props
- James Harden’s points prop total for the contest is set at 29.5, 0.1 points greater than his season average of 29.4.
- Christian Wood’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 23.5, 11.7 less than his season average of 35.2.
- Harden’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.3 shots less than his season average of 3.8.
- PJ Tucker’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals higher than his season average of 1.2.
Magic Key Players
Magic Player Props
- Nikola Vucevic’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 35.5, 0.5 greater than his season average of 35.0.
- Markelle Fultz’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 25.5, 4.1 higher than his season average of 21.4.
- Terrence Ross’ three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.5 shots greater than his season average of 3.0.
- Ross’ steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
- The Rockets make 47% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.7 percentage points higher than the Magic have allowed to their opponents (46.3%).
- In games Houston shoots higher than 46.3% from the field, it is 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- Orlando has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 2-1 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 47% of their shots from the field.
- The Magic are shooting 44.4% from the field, 2.1% lower than the 46.5% the Rockets’ opponents have shot this season.
- Orlando has put together a 4-0 record against the spread and a 4-0 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 46.5% from the field.
- When Houston’s opponents shoot higher than 44.4% from the field, it is 1-0 against the spread and 1-0 overall.
- The Rockets are knocking down 32.6% of their three-point shots this season, 0.3% higher than the 32.3% the Magic allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Houston is 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when it shoots better than 32.3% from distance.
- Orlando has put up a 2-1 against the spread while going 3-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 32.6% from downtown.
- The Magic shoot 34.5% from three-point distance this season. That’s -4.7 percentage points higher than the Rockets have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (39.2%).
- Orlando is 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall when shooting above 39.2% as a team from three-point range.
- Houston has a 2-0 ATS record and a 2-0 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34.5% from three-point distance.
- The Rockets’ 12 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.9 more made shots on average than the 10.1 per game the Magic allow.
- Houston has gone 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Orlando makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 2-2 ATS and 2-2 straight up.
- The Rockets are the 22nd-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Magic give up the fewest makes from deep.
Rockets vs Magic Stat Rankings
|Rockets Rank||Rockets AVG||Magic AVG||Magic Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from