The Detroit Pistons (1-7) are underdogs as they attempt to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the Phoenix Suns (6-2) on Friday, January 8, 2021 at Little Caesars Arena. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS-DET. The point total is in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of January 8, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Suns vs Pistons Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 8
Derrick Rose: Day To Day (Knee),
Josh Jackson: Day To Day (Ankle),
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip)
Pistons 107 Suns 114
Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!In this game, the model projects a total (221.4 points) marginally higher than the DraftKings over/under (218.5 points).
Suns Key Players
Suns Player Props
- Devin Booker’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 24.5, 3.0 points higher than his season average of 21.5.
- Deandre Ayton’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 28.5, 2.0 greater than his season average of 26.5.
- Mikal Bridges’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 1.3 shots lower than his season average of 2.8.
- Chris Paul’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.6 steals greater than his season average of 0.9.
Pistons Key Players
Pistons Player Props
- Jerami Grant’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 19.5, 12.1 less than his season average of 31.6.
- Mason Plumlee’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 12.5, 8.3 less than his season average of 20.8.
- Saddiq Bey’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 1.2 shots less than his season average of 2.7.
- Grant’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.6 blocks lower than his season average of 1.1.
- The Suns make 47.1% of their shots from the field this season, which is 3.6 percentage points lower than the Pistons have allowed to their opponents (50.7%).
- Phoenix is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when it shoots better than 50.7% from the field.
- Detroit is 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 47.1% from the field.
- The Pistons’ 42.8% shooting percentage from the field this season is 3.2 percentage points lower than the Suns have given up to their opponents (46%).
- Detroit is 1-1 against the spread and 0-2 overall when it shoots higher than 46% from the field.
- Phoenix is 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot above 42.8% from the field.
- The Suns are making 39.1% of their three-point shots this season, 0.6% lower than the 39.7% the Pistons allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Phoenix is 4-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall when it shoots better than 39.7% from distance.
- Detroit has put up a 1-1 against the spread while going 1-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 39.1% from downtown.
- The Pistons shoot 34.9% from three-point distance this season. That’s 0.1 percentage points lower than the Suns have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (35%).
- Detroit is 2-2 ATS and 0-4 overall when the team hits more than 35% of its three-point attempts.
- Phoenix has a 2-1 ATS record and a 2-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34.9% from three-point distance.
- The Suns’ 14.5 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.1 more made shots on average than the 13.4 per game the Pistons allow.
- Phoenix has gone 6-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Detroit makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 1-3 ATS and 0-4 straight up.
- The Pistons rank 10th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Suns give up the second-fewest made threes in the league.
Suns vs Pistons Stat Rankings
|Suns Rank||Suns AVG||Pistons AVG||Pistons Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from