Southeast Division opponents meet when the Charlotte Hornets (2-2) host the Memphis Grizzlies (1-3) at Spectrum Center, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, January 1, 2021. The Grizzlies are underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup’s over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of January 1, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Grizzlies Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 1
Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
Xavier Tillman: Day To Day (Patellar Tendinitis),
Jontay Porter: Day To Day (Knee),
Justise Winslow: Out (Hip),
Grayson Allen: Day To Day (Ankle),
Ja Morant: Out (Ankle),
Jaren Jackson Jr.: Day To Day (Knee),
De’Anthony Melton: Out (Health protocols),
Killian Tillie: Day To Day (Hamstring)
Grizzlies 123 Hornets 105
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook here and get the best bonuses available anywhere!The model predicts a total (227.8 points) much higher than the one set by FanDuel for this matchup (218.5 points). Take the over.
Hornets Key Players
Grizzlies Key Players
|Jaren Jackson Jr.||57||17.4||4.6||1.4||0.7||1.6||2.5|
- The Hornets shot 43.4% from the field last season, 1.6 percentage points lower than the 45% the Grizzlies allowed to opponents.
- In games Charlotte shot higher than 45% from the field, it went 15-8-1 against the spread and 12-13 overall.
- Memphis’ record was 24-6 against the spread and 24-6 overall when its opponents made more than 43.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Grizzlies shot at a 46.8% clip from the field last season, 0.8 percentage points below the 47.6% shooting opponents of the Hornets averaged.
- Last season, Memphis had a 28-8-1 record against the spread and a 26-11 record overall in games the team collectively shot above 47.6% from the field.
- Charlotte went 18-7-1 against the spread and 17-10 overall in games it allowed opponents to shoot greater than 46.8% from the field.
- The Hornets’ 35.2% three-point shooting percentage last season was only 1.3 percentage points lower than opponents of the Grizzlies shot from deep (36.5%).
- Charlotte had a 19-6-1 record against the spread and a 14-13 record overall when the team hit more than 36.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Memphis went 25-9-1 against the spread while putting together a 23-12 straight-up record when its opponents shot above 35.2% from beyond the arc.
- The Grizzlies’ three-point shooting percentage last season (35%) was only 0.2 percentage points lower than opponents of the Hornets averaged (35.2%).
- Memphis went 27-10 ATS and 23-14 overall when the team made more than 35.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Charlotte went 21-9-1 ATS and 17-15 overall in games it shot over 35% from deep.
- The Hornets hit 12.1 three-pointers per game last season, 1.1 more makes per game than the Grizzlies allowed (11).
- Charlotte went 22-4 against the spread and 13-14 overall last season in games it out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Memphis made fewer threes than its opponents, it went 18-28 ATS and 16-30 straight up.
- The Hornets were the 15th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA last season, while the Grizzlies gave up the 23rd-fewest makes from deep.
Hornets vs Grizzlies Stat Rankings
|Hornets Rank||Hornets AVG||Grizzlies AVG||Grizzlies Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from