The Utah Jazz (2-1) square off against the Phoenix Suns (3-1) as favorites on Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 9:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The matchup has an over/under of .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of December 31, 2020, 12:55 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Suns Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 31
Derrick Favors: Day To Day (Knee)
Abdel Nader: Out (Concussion),
Jalen Smith: Out (Ankle)
Suns 113 Jazz 102
While William Hill has the Jazz winning by 3.5, the model has the Suns taking home the victory, with a considerable margin between the two spreads (14.4 points). Take the Suns.The William Hill point total for this game is just 3.7 points highter than the model projection.
Jazz Key Players
Suns Key Players
- The Jazz shot 47.2% from the field last season, which is equal to what the Suns’ opponents shot.
- Utah went 24-12 against the spread and 30-6 overall when it shot higher than 47.2% from the field.
- Phoenix had a 25-9-2 record against the spread and a 24-12 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 47.2% of their shots from the field.
- The Suns shot 46.8% from the field, 1.1% higher than the 45.7% the Jazz’s opponents shot last season.
- Phoenix had compiled a 29-16 record against the spread and a 29-16 straight up record in games it shot better than 45.7% from the field.
- Last season, Utah had a 25-19-1 record against the spread and a 34-11 straight up record when it allowed opponents to shoot above 46.8% from the field.
- The Jazz hit 38.3% of their three-point shots last season, two% higher than the 36.3% the Suns allowed opponents to shoot from deep.
- Utah went 29-20-1 against the spread and 33-17 overall when it shot better than 36.3% from distance.
- Phoenix put up a 27-10-2 against the spread while going 26-13 overall in games last season when its opponents shot better than 38.3% from downtown.
- The Suns shot 35.8% from three-point distance last season. That’s only 0.2 percentage points lower than the Jazz allowed their opponents to shot from deep (36%).
- Phoenix went 23-12 ATS and 23-12 overall when the team made more than 36% of its three-point attempts.
- Utah had a 24-15-1 ATS record and a 28-12 straight-up record last season when it connected on more than 35.8% of its three-point shots.
- The Jazz knocked down 13.6 three-pointers per game last season, 2.2 more makes per game than the Suns gave up (11.4).
- Utah went 29-20 against the spread and 32-17 overall last season in games it out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Phoenix made fewer threes than its opponents, it went 12-25 ATS and 10-27 straight up.
- The Jazz made the seventh-most three-pointers in the league last season, while the Suns allowed the eighth-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Jazz vs Suns Stat Rankings
|Jazz Rank||Jazz AVG||Suns AVG||Suns Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from