The Dallas Mavericks (1-2) host the Charlotte Hornets (1-2) in a matchup of Southwest Division teams at American Airlines Center, starting at 8:30 PM ET on Wednesday, December 30, 2020. The Hornets are underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has a point total of .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of December 29, 2020, 10:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Hornets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 30
Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Knee),
Josh Richardson: Day To Day (Calf)
Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
Hornets 120 Mavericks 100
Click here to claim your free sports bet (up to $500) at William Hill!The model predicts a total 2.7 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||71||15.8||3.3||1.9||0.6||0.1||2.9|
Hornets Key Players
- The Mavericks made 46.2% of their shots from the field last season, which was 1.4 percentage points lower than the Hornets allowed to their opponents (47.6%).
- In games Dallas shot better than 47.6% from the field, it went 25-7-2 against the spread and 26-8 overall.
- Charlotte’s record was 16-7-1 against the spread and 14-10 overall when its opponents made more than 46.2% of their shots from the field.
- The Hornets shot 43.4% from the field, 2.7% lower than the 46.1% the Mavericks’ opponents shot last season.
- Charlotte had put together a 13-5-1 record against the spread and a 10-9 straight up record in games it shot over 46.1% from the field.
- Last season, Dallas had a 16-9 record against the spread and an 18-7 straight up record when it allowed opponents to shoot over 43.4% from the field.
- The Mavericks made 36.7% of their three-point shots last season, 1.5% higher than the 35.2% the Hornets allowed opponents to shoot from deep.
- Dallas had a 29-14-2 record against the spread and a 32-13 record overall when the team made more than 35.2% of its three-point shots.
- Charlotte put up a 24-12-1 against the spread while going 18-20 overall in games last season when its opponents shot better than 36.7% from downtown.
- The Hornets shot 35.2% from three-point distance last season. That’s just 0.3 percentage points lower than the Mavericks allowed their opponents to shot from deep (35.5%).
- Charlotte went 21-7-1 against the spread and 14-16 overall when shooting over 35.5% as a team from three-point range.
- Dallas went 25-14-1 ATS and 29-11 overall in games it shot over 35.2% from deep.
- The Mavericks knocked down 15 three-pointers per game last season, 2.9 more made shots on average than the 12.1 per game the Hornets allowed.
- When Dallas made more three-pointers than its opponents last season, it went 31-25-3 against the spread and 36-23 overall. When Charlotte was out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it was 8-21-2 ATS and 8-23 straight up.
- The Hornets made the 15th-most three-pointers in the league a season ago, while the Mavericks allowed the 17th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Mavericks vs Hornets Stat Rankings
|Mavericks Rank||Mavericks AVG||Hornets AVG||Hornets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from