The Los Angeles Chargers (6-9), winners of three straight games, square off against the Kansas City Chiefs (14-1), who are on a 10-game winning streak, on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Arrowhead Stadium. Los Angeles is in the matchup. The contest has an over/under of .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 29, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Chargers vs. Chiefs Odds
|Chiefs (+3.5)||Over (44.0)||Chiefs 35 Chargers 16|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Chargers Betting Insights
- Los Angeles’ games have hit the over in eight out of 15 opportunities this season (53.3%).
- Los Angeles has a 4-3 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 2-5 overall in away games.
- Los Angeles has compiled an 8-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Chargers are just 1-2 ATS when favored by at least 3.5 points.
- The Chiefs defense has allowed 21.6 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 23.1 the Chargers have scored.
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Los Angeles is 3-4 and 4-3 against the spread.
- Kansas City is 9-0 overall and 6-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 21.6 points.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Chiefs Betting Insights
- Just eight of Kansas City’s 15 games this year have gone over the point total (46.7% of its outings).
- Kansas City has a losing 7-8 record against the spread.
- The Chiefs are just 5-8 ATS when an underdog by at least 3.5 points.
- Kansas City is just 3-4 against the spread in home games this year, and is 6-1 overall at home.
- The Chiefs have averaged 3.1 more points this season (30.1) than the Chargers have allowed (27).
- In games where Kansas City scores at least 30.1 points this season, they are 8-1 overall and 5-4 against the spread.
- Los Angeles is 4-3 overall and 5-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 27 points.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Chargers||23.1 (21)||27 (24)||50.1|
|Chiefs||30.1 (2)||21.6 (6)||51.7|
Chargers Players to Watch
- Justin Herbert has thrown for 4,034 yards while completing 66.3% of his passes (374-of-564), with 28 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 14 games this year (288.1 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 49 times for 225 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 16.1 yards per game.
- Austin Ekeler has ran for a team-leading 512 yards on 109 attempts (56.9 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown in nine games. He also averages 41.1 receiving yards per game, grabbing 48 passes for 370 yards and one touchdown.
- In 10 games in 2020, Kalen Ballage has run for 267 yards on 78 carries (26.7 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns. Ballage also helps out in the passing game, catching 29 passes for 166 (16.6 ypg).
- This season, Mike Williams has 42 catches (on 78 targets) to lead the team with 648 yards (46.3 per game) while scoring four touchdowns in 14 games.
- Jalen Guyton has also contributed with 511 yards on 28 catches with three touchdowns. He has been targeted 51 times and averages 34.1 receiving yards per game over 15 matchups this year.
- Jerry Tillery has notched a team-leading 3.0 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and 27 tackles over 15 games.
- In 15 games over the course of the 2020 campaign, Kenneth Murray has totaled 105 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and one sack and leads the team in tackles.
- Michael Davis has picked off three passes to lead the team while adding 59 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 13 passes defended 15 over games.
Chiefs Players to Watch
- This year, Patrick Mahomes II has racked up 4,740 passing yards (316.0 yards per game) while going 390-for-588 (66.3% completion percentage) and throwing 38 touchdowns and six interceptions in 15 games. He has tacked on 302 rushing yards on 63 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 20.1 yards per game.
- Le’Veon Bell has churned out a team-high 328 rushing yards (29.8 yards per game) and scored two touchdowns in 11 games.
- Travis Kelce has been targeted 145 times and has 105 catches to lead the team with 1,416 yards (94.4 ypg) with 11 touchdowns in 15 games this season.
- Tyreek Hill has also contributed with 87 catches for 1,276 yards and 15 touchdowns over the course of 15 games this year. He has been targeted 134 times and averages 85.1 receiving yards per game.
- Mecole Hardman has caught 39 passes on 60 targets for 535 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 35.7 yards per game in 15 contests in 2020.
- Chris Jones has 7.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 3.0 TFL and 36 tackles over 14 games.
- In 15 games over the course of the 2020 campaign, Daniel Sorensen has totaled 92 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three interceptions and leads the team in tackles.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from