Oddsmakers expect a tight contest between AFC East rivals when the Buffalo Bills (12-3) host the Miami Dolphins (10-5) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Bills Stadium. Miami is . The over/under is set at for the game.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 29, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Bills vs. Dolphins Odds
|Bills (-1.5)||Over (44.5)||Bills 28 Dolphins 21|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Bills Betting Insights
- Buffalo has put together a 10-5 record against the spread this season.
- The Bills are 7-4 ATS when favored by at least 1.5 points.
- Buffalo’s games have hit the over in 10 out of 15 opportunities this season (66.7%).
- The Bills, on average, score 10.9 more points per game this season (29.7) than the Dolphins allow (18.8).
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Buffalo is 7-1 and 7-1 against the spread.
- When the Miami defense allows 18.8 points or fewer this year, the Dolphins have accumulated a 7-0 overall record and a 7-0 record against the spread.
- Buffalo has a 5-2 record against the spread at home this year, and is 6-1 overall in home games.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Dolphins Betting Insights
- Most of Miami’s games this year — nine out of 15 — have failed to go over the point total (60%).
- Miami has an 11-4 record against the spread.
- The Dolphins are 4-2 ATS when an underdog by at least 1.5 points.
- Miami’s record against the spread in away games this year is 4-3, and its record on the road overall is 5-2.
- The Bills defense has allowed 23.3 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 25.2 the Dolphins have scored.
- In games where Miami scores at least 25.2 points this season, they are 6-2 overall and 7-1 against the spread.
- Buffalo is 8-0 overall and 6-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 23.3 points.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Bills||29.7 (6)||23.3 (14)||52.9|
|Dolphins||25.2 (15)||18.8 (1)||44|
Bills Players to Watch
- Josh Allen leads the team with 4,322 passing yards (288.1 yards per game) and has a 69.1% completion percentage this year (378-of-547) while throwing 34 touchdowns and nine interceptions in 15 games. He also has 417 rushing yards on 100 carries with eight touchdowns, averaging 27.8 yards per game.
- Devin Singletary has taken 153 attempts for a team-leading 679 rushing yards (45.3 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns in 15 games. He’s also caught 37 passes for 263 yards (17.5 receiving yards per game).
- In 12 games in 2020, Zack Moss has run for 473 yards on 109 carries (39.4 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns.
- This season, Stefon Diggs has 120 catches (on 160 targets) to lead the team with 1,459 yards (97.3 per game) with eight touchdowns in 15 games.
- Cole Beasley has added 967 yards on 82 catches with four touchdowns. He has been targeted 107 times and puts up 64.5 receiving yards per game over the course of 15 matchups this year.
- Gabriel Davis has caught 33 passes on 57 targets for 492 yards and six touchdowns, averaging 32.8 yards per game in 15 contests in 2020.
- Mario Addison has notched a team-leading 5.0 sacks, while adding 7.0 TFL and 28 tackles over 15 games.
- In 15 games over the 2020 campaign, Jordan Poyer has collected 117 tackles, 4.0 TFL, two sacks, and two interceptions and leads the team in tackles.
- Tre’Davious White has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 59 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and 11 passes defended 14 in games this season.
Dolphins Players to Watch
- Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown for 2,091 yards while completing 68.5% of his passes (183-of-267), with 13 touchdowns and eight interceptions in nine games this year (232.3 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 30 times for 151 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 16.8 yards per game.
- Myles Gaskin has ran for a team-leading 564 yards on 135 carries (51.3 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns in 11 games. He also averages 30.1 receiving yards per game, grabbing 37 passes for 331 yards and two touchdowns.
- Salvon Ahmed has 290 yards on 69 carries (58.0 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns over the course of five games.
- This season, Mike Gesicki has 48 catches (on 75 targets) to lead the team with 656 yards (46.9 per game) with six touchdowns in 14 games.
- Jakeem Grant has also tacked on 36 catches for 373 yards and one touchdown over 14 games this year. He has been targeted 54 times and puts up 26.6 receiving yards per game.
- Emmanuel Ogbah has collected a team-leading 9.0 sacks, while adding 6.0 TFL and 42 tackles over 15 games.
- In 15 games over the course of the 2020 campaign, Jerome Baker has totaled 105 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and seven sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- This season, Xavien Howard leads the team with nine interceptions and has added 47 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 19 passes defended 15 in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from