Pacific Division opponents square off when the Phoenix Suns (2-1) host the New Orleans Pelicans (2-1) at PHX Arena, beginning at 10:00 PM ET on Tuesday, December 29, 2020. The Pelicans are underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of December 29, 2020, 1:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Suns vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 29
Dario Saric: Day To Day (Quad),
Abdel Nader: Out (Concussion),
Jalen Smith: Out (Ankle)
Wenyen Gabriel: Out (Right Knee)
Suns Key Players
Pelicans Key Players
- The Suns shot 46.8% from the field last season, 0.3 percentage points higher than the 46.5% the Pelicans allowed to opponents.
- Phoenix went 27-13 against the spread and 26-14 overall when it shot better than 46.5% from the field.
- New Orleans had a 24-14 record against the spread and a 23-15 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 46.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Pelicans’ 46.5% shooting percentage from the field last season was 0.7 percentage points lower than the Suns gave up to their opponents (47.2%).
- New Orleans went 17-9-1 against the spread and 17-10 overall when it shot better than 47.2% from the field.
- Phoenix went 22-8-2 against the spread and 21-11 overall in games it allowed opponents to shoot greater than 46.5% from the field.
- The Suns’ 35.8% three-point shooting percentage last season was just 0.3 percentage points lower than opponents of the Pelicans shot from beyond the arc (36.1%).
- Phoenix collected a 23-12 record against the spread and a 23-12 straight-up record in games last season when the team made more than 36.1% of its three-point attempts.
- New Orleans went 23-13-1 against the spread and 20-17 overall when its opponents shot higher than 35.8% from deep.
- The Pelicans hit 37% of their shots from three-point distance, which was only 0.7 percentage points greater than the 36.3% the Suns’ opponents averaged last season.
- New Orleans had a 26-14-2 ATS record and is 24-18 straight-up when the team hit more than 36.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Phoenix went 27-8-2 ATS and 26-11 overall in games it shot above 37% from deep.
- The Suns knocked down 11.4 three-pointers per game last season, 2.2 fewer made shots on average than the 13.6 per game the Pelicans allowed.
- When New Orleans made more three-pointers than its opponents last season, it went 28-13-2 against the spread and 25-18 overall. When Phoenix was out-shot from deep by its opponents, it was 12-25 ATS and 10-27 straight up.
- The Suns ranked 20th in the NBA in made three-pointers a season ago, while the Pelicans gave up the 14th-fewest made threes in the league.
Suns vs Pelicans Stat Rankings
|Suns Rank||Suns AVG||Pelicans AVG||Pelicans Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from