Oddsmakers project a tight contest between NFC East foes when the Washington Football Team (6-9) visit the Philadelphia Eagles (4-10-1) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Lincoln Financial Field. Philadelphia is . The point total is set at for the game.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 28, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Washington vs. Eagles Odds
|Eagles (+1.0)||Over (42.5)||Eagles 23 Football Team 22|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Washington Betting Insights
- Washington has an 8-6-1 record against the spread.
- Washington is 2-1 ATS when playing as at least 1.0-point favorites.
- Most of Washington’s games this year — nine out of 15 — have failed to go overthe point total (60%).
- Washington averages 5.5 fewer points per game (21) than Philadelphia gives up (26.5).
- Washington is 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall in games when it puts up at least 21 points.
- When Philadelphia allows no more than 21.3 points, it has a 4-4 record against the spread and a 4-3-1 record overall.
- Washington has a 4-3 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 3-4 overall in away games.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Eagles Betting Insights
- Philadelphia has a losing 5-10 record against the spread.
- Philadelphia has a losing ATS record of 1-6 when playing as at least 1.0-point underdogs.
- Just eight of Philadelphia’s 15 games this year have gone over the point total (46.7% of its outings).
- Philadelphia scores just 0.3 more points per game (21.3) than Washington surrenders (21).
- Philadelphia is 4-4 against the spread and 4-3-1 overall in games when it scores at least 21.3 points.
- This season, Washington has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 21 or fewer points.
- Philadelphia is 4-3 against the spread in home games this year, and is 3-3-1 overall at home.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Washington||21 (26)||21 (5)||42|
|Eagles||21.3 (25)||26.5 (22)||47.9|
Washington Players to Watch
- Dwayne Haskins leads the team with 1,439 passing yards (205.6 yards per game) and has a 61.4% completion percentage this year (148-of-241) while throwing five touchdowns and seven interceptions in seven games.
- Antonio Gibson has taken 151 attempts for a team-leading 720 rushing yards (55.4 yards per game) while scoring 11 touchdowns in 13 games. He’s also caught 35 passes for 241 yards (18.5 receiving yards per game).
- In 15 games in 2020, J.D. McKissic has rushed for 365 yards on 83 carries (24.3 ypg), with one rushing touchdown. McKissic also makes an impact in the passing game, catching 75 passes to lead the team with 559 (37.3 ypg) while scoring two touchdowns.
- This season, Terry McLaurin has 80 catches (on 126 targets) to lead the team with 1,078 yards (77.0 per game) with three touchdowns in 14 games.
- Logan Thomas has added 633 yards on 69 grabs with five touchdowns. He has been targeted 104 times and averages 42.2 receiving yards per game over 15 matchups this year.
- Montez Sweat has 8.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 11.0 TFL, 40 tackles, and one interception over 15 games.
- Jon Bostic has totaled 111 tackles, 5.0 TFL, two sacks, and one interception to lead the team in tackles so far in 15 games over the 2020 campaign.
- Kendall Fuller has intercepted four passes to lead the team while adding 46 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 10 passes defended 13 over games.
Eagles Players to Watch
- This year, Carson Wentz has recorded 2,620 passing yards (218.3 yards per game) while going 251-for-437 (57.4% completion percentage) and throwing 16 touchdowns and 15 interceptions in 12 games. He has tacked on a 276 rushing yards on 52 carries with five touchdowns, averaging 23.0 yards per game.
- Miles Sanders has taken 164 attempts for a team-leading 867 rushing yards (72.3 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns in 12 games. He’s also caught 28 passes for 197 yards (16.4 receiving yards per game).
- Jalen Hurts has 323 yards on 55 carries (23.1 ypg), with one rushing touchdown over the course of 14 games.
- This season, Travis Fulgham has 37 catches (on 65 targets) to lead the team with 524 yards (43.7 per game) with four touchdowns in 12 games.
- Dallas Goedert has chipped in with 46 catches for 524 yards and three touchdowns over 11 games this year. He has been targeted 65 times and averages 47.6 receiving yards per game.
- Greg Ward has caught 52 passes on 76 targets for 413 yards and six touchdowns, averaging 27.5 yards per game in 15 contests in 2020.
- Brandon Graham has notched a team-leading 8.0 sacks, while adding 13.0 TFL and 43 tackles over 15 games.
- In 15 games over the course of the 2020 campaign, Alex Singleton has totaled 101 tackles, 4.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- Marcus Epps has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 34 tackles and five passes defended 14 in games this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from