The New England Patriots (6-8) host the New York Jets (2-13) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 in matchup between AFC East foes at Gillette Stadium. New York is a underdog. The over/under is set at .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 28, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Patriots vs. Jets Odds
|Patriots (-4.5)||Over (43.0)||Patriots 29 Jets 14|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Patriots Betting Insights
- New England is just 6-8 against the spread.
- The Patriots have an even ATS record of 2-2 when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- New England’s games have gone under the point total in 10 out of 14 outings this season (71.4%).
- The Patriots have averaged eight fewer points per game this season (20.6) than the Jets have allowed (28.6).
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, New England is 5-2 and 5-2 against the spread.
- When the New York defense allows 28.6 points or fewer this year, the Jets have pieced together a 2-4 overall record and a 3-3 record against the spread.
- New England has a 4-2 record against the spread at home this year, and is 4-2 overall in home games.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Jets Betting Insights
- Most of New York’s games this year — nine out of 15 — have not gone over the point total (60%).
- New York has a losing 6-9 record against the spread.
- New York is just 2-5 against the spread in away games this year, and is 1-6 overall on the road.
- The average points per game output for the Jets this season, 15.3, is 6.2 fewer than the 21.5 the Patriots have given up in each contest.
- New York is 2-5 overall and 5-2 against the spread when they score at least 15.3 points this season.
- When New England allows opposing offenses to put 21.5 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 5-1 overall and 5-1 against the spread.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Patriots||20.6 (27)||21.5 (6)||42.1|
|Jets||15.3 (32)||28.6 (27)||43.9|
Patriots Players to Watch
- Cam Newton leads the team with 2,381 passing yards (170.1 yards per game) and has a 65.9% completion percentage this year (216-of-328) while throwing five touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 14 games. He also has 489 rushing yards on 122 carries with 11 touchdowns, averaging 34.9 yards per game.
- Damien Harris has taken 137 carries for a team-leading 691 rushing yards (69.1 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns in 10 games.
- This season, Jakobi Meyers has 49 catches (on 68 targets) to lead the team with 616 yards (51.3 per game) with zero touchdowns in 12 games.
- Damiere Byrd’s statline this year shows 45 grabs for 590 yards and one touchdown in 14 games. He puts up 42.1 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 70 times.
- Over 12 games in 2020, James White has caught 42 passes on 52 targets for 321 yards and zero touchdowns, averaging 26.8 receiving yards per game.
- Chase Winovich has collected a team-leading 3.5 sacks, while adding 4.0 TFL, 37 tackles, and one interception over 14 games.
- Adrian Phillips has collected 99 tackles, 7.0 TFL, one sack, and two interceptions to lead the team in tackles so far in 14 games over the course of the 2020 campaign.
- J.C. Jackson has intercepted eight passes to lead the team while adding 32 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 13 passes defended 14 over games.
Jets Players to Watch
- This year, Sam Darnold has collected 1,942 passing yards (176.5 yards per game) while going 194-for-330 (58.8% completion percentage) and throwing eight touchdowns and nine interceptions in 11 games. He has added a 214 rushing yards on 36 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 19.5 yards per game.
- Frank Gore has taken 187 carries for a team-leading 653 rushing yards (43.5 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns in 15 games.
- Lamical Perine leads the team with 231 rushing yards on 64 carries (23.1 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground over the course of 10 games in 2020.
- Jamison Crowder has been targeted 85 times and has 55 catches to lead the team with 668 yards (60.7 ypg) while scoring six touchdowns in 11 games this season.
- Breshad Perriman’s statline this year shows 27 catches for 421 yards and three touchdowns over the course of 11 games. He puts up 38.3 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 53 times.
- Braxton Berrios has caught 34 passes on 52 targets for 374 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 24.9 yards per game in 15 contests in 2020.
- Tarell Basham has notched a team-leading 3.0 sacks, while adding 5.0 TFL and 31 tackles over 15 games.
- Neville Hewitt has racked up 124 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and two sacks to lead the team in tackles so far in 15 games over the course of the 2020 campaign.
- This season, Marcus Maye leads the team with two interceptions and has added 79 tackles, 3.0 TFL, two sacks, and 11 passes defended 15 in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from