Oddsmakers give the Cleveland Browns (10-5) the edge when they host the Pittsburgh Steelers (12-3) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 in a matchup between AFC North opponents at FirstEnergy Stadium. Cleveland is favored by . The point total is set at for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 28, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Browns vs. Steelers Odds
|Steelers (+7.0)||Over (42.5)||Steelers 27 Browns 22|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Browns Betting Insights
- Cleveland’s games have hit the over in eight out of 15 outings this season (53.3%).
- Cleveland is just 3-4 against the spread in home games this year, and is 5-2 overall at home.
- Cleveland is just 6-9 against the spread.
- The Browns have a split ATS record of 1-1 when favored by at least 7.0 points.
- The Browns have put an average of 25.6 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 6.4 more than the 19.2 the Steelers have surrendered in each contest.
- In games where Cleveland score at least 25.6 points this season, they are 7-1 overall and 4-4 against the spread.
- Pittsburgh is 6-0 overall and 4-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 19.2 points.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Steelers Betting Insights
- Pittsburgh’s games have hit the over in eight out of 15 outings this season (53.3%).
- Pittsburgh has a 9-6 record against the spread.
- The Steelers have a losing ATS record of 2-3 when playing as at least 7.0-point underdogs.
- The Browns defense has allowed 26.5 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 26.3 the Steelers have scored.
- Pittsburgh is 8-0 overall and 8-0 against the spread when they score at least 26.3 points this season.
- Cleveland is 6-2 overall and 4-4 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 26.5 points.
- Pittsburgh has a 4-3 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 5-2 overall in away games.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Browns||25.6 (14)||26.5 (21)||52.1|
|Steelers||26.3 (12)||19.2 (2)||45.5|
Browns Players to Watch
- Baker Mayfield has thrown for 3,367 yards while completing 62.7% of his passes (288-of-459), with 25 touchdowns and eight interceptions in 15 games this year (224.5 yards per game).
- Nick Chubb has rushed for a team-leading 959 yards on 176 carries (87.2 yards per game) while scoring 11 touchdowns in 11 games.
- Kareem Hunt has 804 yards on 188 carries (53.6 ypg), with six rushing touchdowns over the course of 15 games. He also has 37 catches for 300 yards (20.0 ypg) and five touchdowns.
- Jarvis Landry has reeled in 67 passes to lead the team with 789 yards while scoring three touchdowns. He has been targeted 95 times and averages 52.6 yards per game over 15 outings.
- Rashard Higgins has also contributed with 544 yards on 35 grabs with four touchdowns. He has been targeted 49 times and puts up 41.8 receiving yards per game in 13 matchups this year.
- Over 12 games in 2020, Austin Hooper has caught 42 passes on 65 targets for 398 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 33.2 receiving yards per game.
- Myles Garrett has 12.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 10.0 TFL and 44 tackles over 15 games.
- In 15 games over the 2020 campaign, Malcolm Smith has racked up 73 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- Denzel Ward has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding 46 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 17 passes defended 12 over games.
Steelers Players to Watch
- This year, Ben Roethlisberger has recorded 3,804 passing yards (253.6 yards per game) while going 399-for-608 (65.6% completion percentage) and throwing 33 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 15 games.
- James Conner has churned out a team-high 683 rushing yards (48.8 yards per game) and scored six touchdowns in 14 games.
- Benny Snell Jr. has 358 yards on 108 carries (23.9 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns over the course of 15 games.
- Diontae Johnson has been targeted 140 times and has 85 catches to lead the team with 828 yards (59.1 ypg) with seven touchdowns in 14 games this season.
- Chase Claypool’s statline this year shows 57 catches for 772 yards and eight touchdowns over the course of 15 games. He puts up 51.5 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 98 times.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster has collected 766 yards on 91 passes with eight touchdowns in 2020, averaging 51.1 yards per game on 120 targets in 15 contests.
- T.J. Watt has registered a team-leading 15.0 sacks, while adding 23.0 TFL, 54 tackles, and one interception over 15 games.
- Avery Williamson has totaled 103 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception to lead the team in tackles so far in 14 games over the 2020 campaign.
- This season, Minkah Fitzpatrick leads the team with four interceptions and has added 75 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 10 passes defended 15 in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from