Oddsmakers project a close game when the Dallas Cowboys (6-9) visit the New York Giants (5-10) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 in a matchup between NFC East foes at MetLife Stadium. Dallas is favored by . The game has an over/under of .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 28, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Cowboys vs. Giants Odds
|Giants (+2.5)||Over (45.0)||Giants 25 Cowboys 23|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Cowboys Betting Insights
- Dallas’ games have hit the over in nine out of 15 outings this season (60%).
- Dallas is just 2-5 against the spread in away games this year, and is 2-5 overall on the road.
- Dallas has put together a losing 5-10 record against the spread this season.
- The Cowboys are just 1-4 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- The Giants defense has allowed 22.5 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 25.1 the Cowboys have scored.
- When they meet or exceed their scoring average this season, Dallas is 6-2 and 4-4 against the spread.
- When the New York defense allows 22.5 points or fewer this year, the Giants have accumulated a 5-4 overall record and a 6-3 record against the spread.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Giants Betting Insights
- New York has an 8-7 record against the spread.
- The Giants have a losing ATS record of 0-1 when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Just 11 of New York’s 15 games this year have gone over the point total (20% of its opportunities).
- The average points per game output for the Giants this season, 17.1, is 12.9 fewer than the 30 the Cowboys have given up in each contest.
- New York is 4-3 overall and 5-2 against the spread when they score at least 17.1 points this season.
- Dallas is 3-4 overall and 4-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 30 points.
- New York is just 2-5 against the spread in home games this year, and is 2-5 overall at home.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Cowboys||25.1 (16)||30 (30)||55.1|
|Giants||17.1 (31)||22.5 (11)||39.7|
Cowboys Players to Watch
- Andy Dalton has thrown for 1,926 yards while completing 65.4% of his passes (187-of-286), with 14 touchdowns and seven interceptions in 11 games this year (175.1 yards per game).
- Ezekiel Elliott has rushed for a team-leading 937 yards on 230 carries (66.9 yards per game) while scoring five touchdowns in 14 games. He also averages 22.8 receiving yards per game, grabbing 49 passes for 319 yards and two touchdowns.
- Tony Pollard has 420 yards on 96 carries (28.0 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns over the course of 15 games.
- This season, Amari Cooper has 86 catches (on 121 targets) to lead the team with 1,073 yards (71.5 per game) with five touchdowns in 15 games.
- CeeDee Lamb has tacked on 892 yards on 69 grabs with five touchdowns. He has been targeted 102 times and averages 59.5 receiving yards per game over the course of 15 matchups this year.
- Over 15 games in 2020, Michael Gallup has caught 55 passes on 98 targets for 794 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 52.9 receiving yards per game.
- Demarcus Lawrence has 5.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 10.0 TFL and 54 tackles over 15 games.
- In 15 games over the 2020 campaign, Jaylon Smith has collected 145 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- Trevon Diggs has picked off three passes to lead the team while adding 54 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and 12 passes defended 11 over games.
Giants Players to Watch
- Daniel Jones has thrown for 2,714 yards while completing 62.2% of his passes (263-of-423), with nine touchdowns and nine interceptions in 13 games this year (208.8 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 56 times for 406 yards and one touchdown, averaging 31.2 yards per game.
- Wayne Gallman has taken 136 carries for a team-leading 617 rushing yards (44.1 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns in 14 games.
- This season, Darius Slayton has 48 catches (on 93 targets) to lead the team with 729 yards (48.6 per game) with three touchdowns in 15 games.
- Evan Engram’s statline this year shows 61 catches for 637 yards and one touchdown over the course of 15 games. He averages 42.5 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 105 times.
- Sterling Shepard has caught 58 passes on 80 targets for 544 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 49.5 yards per game in 11 contests in 2020.
- Leonard Williams has registered a team-leading 8.5 sacks, while adding 11.0 TFL and 49 tackles over 15 games.
- In 15 games over the course of the 2020 campaign, Blake Martinez has racked up 139 tackles, 8.0 TFL, two sacks, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from