The Carolina Panthers (5-10) are underdogs in a road NFC South matchup with the New Orleans Saints (11-4) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 Bank of America Stadium. An over/under of is set in the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 28, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Saints vs. Panthers Odds
|Saints (-6.5)||Over (49.0)||Saints 29 Panthers 21|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Saints Betting Insights
- New Orleans has a 4-3 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 5-2 overall in away games.
- New Orleans is 8-7 against the spread.
- The Saints have an even ATS record of 3-3 when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- New Orleans’ games have hit the over in 10 out of 15 outings this season (66.7%).
- The Saints have put an average of 29.9 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 5.3 more than the 24.6 the Panthers have surrendered in each contest.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, New Orleans is 6-1 and 5-2 against the spread.
- When the Carolina defense allows 24.6 points or fewer this year, the Panthers have put together a 5-2 overall record and a 6-1 record against the spread.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Panthers Betting Insights
- Carolina has compiled a 9-6 record against the spread this season.
- Carolina’s games have gone over the point total in seven out of 15 opportunities this season (46.7%).
- The Saints defense has allowed 22 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 22.9 the Panthers have scored.
- In games where Carolina scores at least 22.9 points this season, they are 2-6 overall and 5-3 against the spread.
- New Orleans is 5-0 overall and 5-0 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 22 points.
- Carolina is just 2-5 against the spread in home games this year, and is 2-5 overall at home.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Saints||29.9 (4)||22 (9)||51.9|
|Panthers||22.9 (23)||24.6 (18)||47.5|
Saints Players to Watch
- Drew Brees has thrown for 2,741 yards while completing 70.7% of his passes (253-of-358), with 21 touchdowns and six interceptions in 11 games this year (249.2 yards per game).
- Alvin Kamara has ran for a team-leading 932 yards on 187 carries (62.1 yards per game) while scoring 16 touchdowns in 15 games. He also averages 50.4 receiving yards per game, grabbing 83 passes for 756 yards and five touchdowns.
- Latavius Murray has 656 yards on 146 carries (43.7 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns over the course of 15 games.
- Emmanuel Sanders has contributed with 663 yards on 52 catches with four touchdowns. He has been targeted 69 times and puts up 44.2 receiving yards per game over the course of 15 matchups this year.
- Jared Cook has caught 33 passes on 55 targets for 461 yards and six touchdowns, averaging 32.9 yards per game in 14 contests in 2020.
- Cameron Jordan has notched a team-leading 7.5 sacks, while adding 11.0 TFL and 50 tackles over 15 games.
- Demario Davis has racked up 113 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and four sacks to lead the team in tackles so far in 15 games over the 2020 campaign.
- Janoris Jenkins has intercepted three passes to lead the team while adding 49 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 11 passes defended 12 over games.
Panthers Players to Watch
- This year, Teddy Bridgewater has recorded 3,558 passing yards (254.1 yards per game) while going 327-for-470 (69.6% completion percentage) and throwing 15 touchdowns and nine interceptions in 14 games. He has added 272 rushing yards on 50 carries with five touchdowns, averaging 19.4 yards per game.
- Mike Davis has taken 165 carries for a team-leading 642 rushing yards (42.8 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns in 15 games. He’s also caught 59 passes for 373 yards (24.9 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns through the air.
- D.J. Moore has been targeted 107 times and has 61 catches to lead the team with 1,092 yards (72.8 ypg) while scoring four touchdowns in 15 games this season.
- Robby Anderson has also added 92 catches for 1,057 yards and three touchdowns over 15 games this year. He has been targeted 131 times and averages 70.5 receiving yards per game.
- Curtis Samuel has racked up 733 yards on 70 passes with three touchdowns in 2020, averaging 52.4 yards per game on 86 targets in 14 contests.
- Brian Burns has 8.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 8.0 TFL and 59 tackles over 15 games.
- Jeremy Chinn has collected 108 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception to lead the team in tackles so far in 14 games over the course of the 2020 campaign.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from