Oddsmakers give the Tennessee Titans (10-5) the edge when they visit the Houston Texans (4-11) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 in a matchup between AFC South opponents at NRG Stadium. Tennessee is favored by . The game has an over/under of .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 28, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Titans vs. Texans Odds
|Texans (+7.5)||Under (56.0)||Titans 29 Texans 25|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Titans Betting Insights
- Tennessee has put together a losing 7-8 record against the spread this season.
- The Titans are 2-1 ATS when favored by at least 7.5 points.
- Most of Tennessee’s games this year — 12 out of 15 — have hit the over (80%).
- The Texans defense has allowed 28.2 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 30 the Titans have scored.
- In games where Tennessee score at least 30 points this season, they are 8-1 overall and 6-3 against the spread.
- When the Houston defense allows 28.2 points or fewer this year, the Texans have accumulated a 4-4 overall record and a 5-3 record against the spread.
- Tennessee is just 3-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 5-2 overall on the road.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Texans Betting Insights
- Houston has a losing 5-10 record against the spread.
- The Texans are just 0-1 ATS when an underdog by at least 7.5 points.
- Most of Houston’s games this year — eight out of 15 — have failed to go over the point total (53.3%).
- The average points per game output for the Texans this season, 23.1, is 3.6 fewer than the 26.7 the Titans have given up in each contest.
- In games where Houston scores at least 23.1 points this season, they are 4-2 overall and 3-3 against the spread.
- Tennessee is 7-0 overall and 6-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 26.7 points.
- Houston has just a 2-5 record against the spread at home this year, and is 2-5 overall in home games.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Titans||30 (3)||26.7 (23)||56.7|
|Texans||23.1 (21)||28.2 (26)||51.3|
Titans Players to Watch
- Ryan Tannehill leads the team with 3,601 passing yards (240.1 yards per game) and has a 65.4% completion percentage this year (297-of-454) while throwing 32 touchdowns and seven interceptions in 15 games. He also has 228 rushing yards on 36 carries with five touchdowns, averaging 15.2 yards per game.
- Derrick Henry has taken 344 attempts for a team-leading 1,777 rushing yards (118.5 yards per game) while scoring 15 touchdowns in 15 games.
- This season, Corey Davis has 60 catches (on 81 targets) to lead the team with 945 yards (63.0 per game) while scoring five touchdowns in 15 games.
- A.J. Brown’s statline this year shows 60 grabs for 922 yards and 10 touchdowns over 13 games. He averages 70.9 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 95 times.
- Over 14 games in 2020, Jonnu Smith has caught 40 passes on 63 targets for 440 yards and eight touchdowns, averaging 31.4 receiving yards per game.
- Harold Landry has 4.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 9.0 TFL, 63 tackles, and one interception over 15 games.
- In 15 games over the 2020 campaign, Kevin Byard has collected 106 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- Malcolm Butler has a team-high four interceptions and has tacked on 93 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 15 passes defended 15 in games this season.
Texans Players to Watch
- This year, Deshaun Watson has collected 4,458 passing yards (297.2 yards per game) while going 354-for-505 (70.1% completion percentage) and throwing 30 touchdowns and six interceptions in 15 games. He has added 432 rushing yards on 87 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 28.8 yards per game.
- David Johnson has racked up a team-high 607 rushing yards (50.6 yards per game) and scored five touchdowns in 12 games. He has tacked on 30 catches for 278 yards (23.2 receiving yards per game) with two receiving touchdowns.
- Brandin Cooks has been targeted 103 times and has 70 catches to lead the team with 984 yards (70.3 ypg) while scoring four touchdowns in 14 games this season.
- Jordan Akins’ statline this year shows 36 catches for 394 yards and one touchdown over 12 games. He averages 32.8 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 47 times.
- Darren Fells has caught 21 passes on 29 targets for 312 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 20.8 yards per game in 15 contests in 2020.
- J.J. Watt has 5.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 12.0 TFL, 48 tackles, and one interception over 15 games.
- In 15 games over the 2020 campaign, Zach Cunningham has collected 151 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and three sacks and leads the team in tackles.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from