The Green Bay Packers (12-3) hit the field as favorites against the Chicago Bears (8-7) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Soldier Field. Both teams are riding winning streaks, with Green Bay on a five-game run and Chicago winners of three straight. The contest has a point total of .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 28, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Packers vs. Bears Odds
|Bears (+5.5)||Over (50.5)||Packers 27 Bears 23|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Packers Betting Insights
- Green Bay has a 4-3 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 5-2 overall in away games.
- Green Bay is 9-6 against the spread.
- The Packers have a split ATS record of 4-4 when favored by at least 5.5 points.
- Green Bay’s games have hit the over in eight out of 15 opportunities this season (53.3%).
- The Packers, on average, score 9.3 more points per game this season (31.6) than the Bears allow (22.3).
- In games where Green Bay score at least 31.6 points this season, they are 7-0 overall and 7-0 against the spread.
- When the Chicago defense allows 22.3 points or fewer this year, the Bears have pieced together a 5-2 overall record and a 4-3 record against the spread.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Bears Betting Insights
- Chicago has compiled an 8-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Bears are 1-0 ATS when an underdog by at least 5.5 points.
- Most of Chicago’s games this year — eight out of 15 — have failed to go over the point total (53.3%).
- The Bears average points scored this season (23.7) and the Packers points allowed (23.5) are within 0.2 points of each other.
- In games where Chicago scores at least 23.7 points this season, they are 5-2 overall and 5-2 against the spread.
- When Green Bay allows opposing offenses to put 23.5 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 8-0 overall and 6-2 against the spread.
- Chicago has just a 3-4 record against the spread at home this year, and is 3-4 overall in home games.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Packers||31.6 (1)||23.5 (15)||55.1|
|Bears||23.7 (18)||22.3 (10)||46.1|
Packers Players to Watch
- Aaron Rodgers leads the team with 4,059 passing yards (270.6 yards per game) and has a 70.3% completion percentage this year (353-of-502) while throwing 44 touchdowns and five interceptions in 15 games.
- Aaron Jones has taken 190 carries for a team-leading 1,062 rushing yards (81.7 yards per game) while scoring eight touchdowns in 13 games. He’s also caught 43 passes for 312 yards (24.0 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns through the air.
- Jamaal Williams has 479 yards on 114 carries (34.2 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns over the course of 14 games. He also has 31 catches for 236 yards (16.9 ypg) and one touchdown.
- This season, Davante Adams has 109 catches (on 143 targets) to lead the team with 1,328 yards (102.2 per game) while scoring 17 touchdowns in 13 games.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling has also contributed with 603 yards on 31 catches with five touchdowns. He has been targeted 60 times and averages 40.2 receiving yards per game over 15 matchups this year.
- Over 15 games in 2020, Robert Tonyan has caught 50 passes on 57 targets for 568 yards and 10 touchdowns, averaging 37.9 receiving yards per game.
- Za’Darius Smith has 12.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 12.0 TFL and 49 tackles over 15 games.
- In 15 games over the course of the 2020 campaign, Adrian Amos has totaled 74 tackles, 4.0 TFL, two sacks, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- Darnell Savage Jr. has a team-high four interceptions and has tacked on 65 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and 12 passes defended 14 in games this season.
Bears Players to Watch
- This year, Nick Foles has collected 1,852 passing yards (205.8 yards per game) while going 202-for-312 (64.7% completion percentage) and throwing 10 touchdowns and eight interceptions in nine games.
- David Montgomery has churned out a team-high 1,001 rushing yards (71.5 yards per game) and scored seven touchdowns in 14 games. He has tacked on 45 catches for 375 yards (26.8 receiving yards per game) with two receiving touchdowns.
- Cordarrelle Patterson has 214 yards on 60 carries (14.3 ypg), with one rushing touchdown over the course of 15 games.
- Allen Robinson II has been targeted 146 times and has 100 catches to lead the team with 1,213 yards (80.9 ypg) with six touchdowns in 15 games this season.
- Darnell Mooney has also chipped in with 50 catches for 538 yards and four touchdowns over 15 games this year. He has been targeted 85 times and puts up 35.9 receiving yards per game.
- Anthony Miller has caught 47 passes on 74 targets for 472 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 31.5 yards per game in 15 contests in 2020.
- Khalil Mack has 8.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 10.0 TFL, 46 tackles, and one interception over 15 games.
- In 15 games over the 2020 campaign, Roquan Smith has collected 137 tackles, 17.0 TFL, four sacks, and two interceptions and leads the team in tackles.
- This season, Tashaun Gipson leads the team with two interceptions and has added 63 tackles and five passes defended 15 in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from