Oddsmakers give the Seattle Seahawks (11-4) the edge when they visit the San Francisco 49ers (6-9) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 in a matchup between NFC West foes at State Farm Stadium. Seattle is favored by . The over/under is set at for the outing.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 28, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Seahawks vs. 49ers Odds
|49ers (+4.5)||Over (47.5)||Seahawks 27 49ers 23|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Seahawks Betting Insights
- Seattle’s record against the spread in away games this year is just 2-5, and its record on the road overall is 4-3.
- Seattle has put together an 8-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Seahawks are just 3-4 ATS when favored by at least 4.5 points.
- Just nine of Seattle’s 15 games this year have gone over the point total (40% of its opportunities).
- The Seahawks have put an average of 28.9 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 4.6 more than the 24.3 the 49ers have surrendered in each contest.
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Seattle is 6-2 and 6-2 against the spread.
- When the San Francisco defense allows 24.3 points or fewer this year, the 49ers have accumulated a 6-2 overall record and a 6-2 record against the spread.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
49ers Betting Insights
- San Francisco has put together a losing 6-9 record against the spread this season.
- The 49ers are just 1-3 ATS when an underdog by at least 4.5 points.
- Most of San Francisco’s games this year — eight out of 15 — have failed to go over the point total (53.3%).
- The 49ers average points scored this season (23.5) and the Seahawks points allowed (23.2) are within 0.3 points of each other.
- San Francisco is 4-3 overall and 4-3 against the spread when they score at least 23.5 points this season.
- When Seattle allows opposing offenses to put 23.2 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 6-2 overall and 4-4 against the spread.
- San Francisco is just 1-6 against the spread in home games this year, and is 1-6 overall at home.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Seahawks||28.9 (7)||23.2 (12)||52.1|
|49ers||23.5 (20)||24.3 (16)||47.8|
Seahawks Players to Watch
- Russell Wilson leads the team with 4,031 passing yards (268.7 yards per game) and has a 69.7% completion percentage this year (364-of-522) while throwing 38 touchdowns and 13 interceptions in 15 games. He also has 484 rushing yards on 78 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 32.3 yards per game.
- Chris Carson has taken 130 attempts for a team-leading 637 rushing yards (57.9 yards per game) while scoring five touchdowns in 11 games. He’s also caught 35 passes for 248 yards (22.5 receiving yards per game) with four touchdowns through the air.
- This season, D.K. Metcalf has 80 catches (on 120 targets) to lead the team with 1,282 yards (85.5 per game) with 10 touchdowns in 15 games.
- Tyler Lockett has contributed with 964 yards on 88 catches with eight touchdowns. He has been targeted 118 times and averages 64.3 receiving yards per game over the course of 15 matchups this year.
- David Moore has caught 34 passes on 46 targets for 412 yards and six touchdowns, averaging 27.5 yards per game in 15 contests in 2020.
- Jamal Adams has registered a team-leading 9.5 sacks, while adding 10.0 TFL and 81 tackles over 11 games.
- In 15 games over the course of the 2020 campaign, Bobby Wagner has collected 130 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and three sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- Quandre Diggs has a team-high five interceptions and has tacked on 58 tackles and 10 passes defended 15 in games this season.
49ers Players to Watch
- This year, C.J. Beathard has racked up 514 passing yards (102.8 yards per game) while going 41-for-67 (61.2% completion percentage) and throwing five touchdowns and zero interceptions in five games.
- Jeff Wilson Jr. has picked up a team-high 527 rushing yards (52.7 yards per game) and scored six touchdowns in 10 games.
- Jerick McKinnon leads the team with 319 rushing yards on 81 carries (21.3 yards per game), with five touchdowns on the ground over the course of 15 games in 2020. He also has 32 catches for 247 yards (16.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- Brandon Aiyuk has been targeted 96 times and has 60 catches to lead the team with 748 yards (53.4 ypg) while scoring five touchdowns in 14 games this season.
- Kendrick Bourne’s statline this year shows 44 catches for 591 yards and two touchdowns over 15 games. He averages 39.4 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 68 times.
- George Kittle has totaled 566 yards on 41 passes with two touchdowns in 2020, averaging 80.9 yards per game on 54 targets in seven contests.
- Kerry Hyder has collected a team-leading 8.5 sacks, while adding 9.0 TFL and 47 tackles over 15 games.
- In 15 games over the course of the 2020 campaign, Fred Warner has totaled 117 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two interceptions and leads the team in tackles.
- This season, Jason Verrett leads the team with two interceptions and has added 52 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and six passes defended 12 in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from