Kyrie Irving leads the Brooklyn Nets (2-0) into a matchup with the Charlotte Hornets (0-2) after putting up 37 points in a 123-95 win over the Celtics. The Hornets are underdogs in the game on Sunday, December 27, 2020, which tips off at 7:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of December 27, 2020, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Hornets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 27
Nicolas Claxton: Out (Right knee)
Grant Riller: Day To Day (Knee),
Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
Nets Key Players
Hornets Key Players
- The Nets made 44.5% of their shots from the field last season, which was 3.1 percentage points lower than the Hornets allowed to their opponents (47.6%).
- Brooklyn went 16-7 against the spread and 16-7 overall when it shot higher than 47.6% from the field.
- Charlotte had a 10-4-1 record against the spread and a 10-5 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 44.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Hornets shot at a 43.4% clip from the field last season, 1.4 percentage points below the 44.8% shooting opponents of the Nets averaged.
- Charlotte went 16-8-1 against the spread and 13-13 overall when it shot higher than 44.8% from the field.
- When Brooklyn’s opponents shot greater than 43.4% from the field last season, it was 20-11 against the spread and 20-11 overall.
- The Nets’ 34.2% three-point shooting percentage last season was only one percentage point lower than opponents of the Hornets shot from beyond the arc (35.2%).
- Brooklyn collected a 23-13 record against the spread and a 23-13 straight-up record in games last season when the team made more than 35.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Charlotte put up a 20-9-1 against the spread while going 17-14 overall in games last season when its opponents shot better than 34.2% from downtown.
- The Hornets knocked down 35.2% of their shots from three-point range, which was just 0.3 percentage points fewer than the 35.5% the Nets’ opponents averaged last season.
- Charlotte had a 21-7-1 ATS record and is 14-16 straight-up when the team hit more than 35.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Brooklyn had a 25-12 ATS record and a 21-16 straight-up record last season when it made more than 35.2% of its three-point attempts.
- The Nets connected on 13.2 three-pointers per game last season, 1.1 more makes per game than the Hornets gave up (12.1).
- Brooklyn went 28-13 against the spread and 22-19 overall last season in games it out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Charlotte made fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it went 8-21-2 ATS and 8-23 straight up.
- The Nets made the ninth-most three-pointers in the league last season, while the Hornets gave up the 19th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Nets vs Hornets Stat Rankings
|Nets Rank||Nets AVG||Hornets AVG||Hornets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from