The Houston Rockets (0-0) host the Oklahoma City Thunder (0-0) in a matchup of Southwest Division teams at Toyota Center, tipping off at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, December 23, 2020. The Thunder are underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The point total is set at in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of December 22, 2020, 3:40 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Rockets vs Thunder Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 22
Rockets Key Players
Thunder Key Players
- Last season, the Rockets had a 44.9% shooting percentage from the field, which was 0.4% lower than the 45.3% of shots the Thunder’s opponents hit.
- Houston had a 24-14 record against the spread and a 30-8 straight-up record in games it shot higher than 45.3% from the field.
- Oklahoma City had a 27-8-1 record against the spread and a 26-11 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 44.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Thunder’s 46.4% shooting percentage from the field last season was 0.2 percentage points higher than the Rockets allowed to their opponents (46.2%).
- Oklahoma City had compiled a 24-14-1 record against the spread and a 31-8 straight up record in games it shot over 46.2% from the field.
- Houston went 24-16-1 against the spread and 33-9 overall in games it allowed opponents to shoot higher than 46.4% from the field.
- The Rockets knocked down 34.8% of their three-point shots last season, 0.6% higher than the 34.2% the Thunder allowed opponents to shoot from deep.
- Houston collected a 27-13 record against the spread and a 31-10 straight-up record in games last season when the team hit more than 34.2% of its three-point shots.
- Oklahoma City put up a 29-12-1 against the spread while going 30-13 overall in games last season when its opponents shot higher than 34.8% from deep.
- The Thunder’s three-point shooting percentage last season (35.2%) was only 0.3 percentage points higher than opponents of the Rockets averaged (34.9%).
- Oklahoma City went 27-11-1 against the spread and 25-15 overall when shooting above 34.9% as a team from three-point range.
- Houston went 28-17-1 ATS and 32-14 overall in games it shot over 35.2% from deep.
- The Rockets knocked down 15.8 three-pointers per game last season, five more makes per game than the Thunder gave up (10.8).
- When Houston made more three-pointers than its opponents last season, it went 34-23-1 against the spread and 40-19 overall. When Oklahoma City was out-shot from deep by its opponents, it was 24-18 ATS and 24-19 straight up.
- The Thunder ranked first in the NBA in made three-pointers last season, while the Rockets allowed the 14th-fewest made threes in the league.
Rockets vs Thunder Stat Rankings
|Rockets Rank||Rockets AVG||Thunder AVG||Thunder Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from