The Jacksonville Jaguars (1-13) are underdogs as they try to break their 13-game losing streak in a matchup with the Chicago Bears (7-7) on Sunday, December 27, 2020 at TIAA Bank Field. An over/under of is set for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 21, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Bears vs. Jaguars Odds
|Bears (-7.5)||Over (46.5)||Bears 29 Jaguars 18|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Bears Betting Insights
- Chicago is just 6-7 against the spread.
- Just seven of Chicago’s 13 games this year have gone over the point total (46.2% of its outings).
- The Bears have averaged 7.7 fewer points per game this season (22.5) than the Jaguars have allowed (30.2).
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Chicago is 5-3 and 5-2 against the spread.
- Jacksonville is 1-6 overall and 5-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 30.2 points.
- Chicago’s record against the spread in away games this year is 4-3, and its record on the road overall is 4-3.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Jaguars Betting Insights
- Jacksonville’s games have hit the over in seven out of 14 opportunities this season (50%).
- Jacksonville has a losing 6-8 record against the spread.
- The average points per game output for the Jaguars this season, 19.6, is 3.1 fewer than the 22.7 the Bears have given up in each contest.
- Jacksonville is 1-7 overall and 6-2 against the spread when they score at least 19.6 points this season.
- When Chicago allows opposing offenses to put 22.7 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 4-2 overall and 2-3 against the spread.
- Jacksonville is just 3-4 against the spread in home games this year, and is 1-6 overall at home.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Bears||22.5 (23)||22.7 (10)||45.2|
|Jaguars||19.6 (29)||30.2 (30)||49.9|
Bears Players to Watch
- Nick Foles has thrown for 1,852 yards while completing 65% of his passes (202-of-311), with 10 touchdowns and eight interceptions in eight games this year (231.5 yards per game).
- David Montgomery has taken 202 carries for a team-leading 906 rushing yards (69.7 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns in 13 games. He’s also caught 43 passes for 349 yards (26.8 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns through the air.
- In 14 games in 2020, Cordarrelle Patterson has rushed for 214 yards on 60 carries (15.3 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- This season, Allen Robinson II has 90 catches (on 133 targets) to lead the team with 1,110 yards (79.3 per game) while scoring six touchdowns in 14 games.
- Darnell Mooney has also tacked on 499 yards on 46 catches with four touchdowns. He has been targeted 78 times and averages 35.6 receiving yards per game in 14 matchups this year.
- Anthony Miller has caught 45 passes on 71 targets for 462 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 33.0 yards per game in 14 contests in 2020.
- Khalil Mack has 8.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 9.0 TFL, 44 tackles, and one interception over 14 games.
- In 14 games over the 2020 campaign, Roquan Smith has totaled 129 tackles, 17.0 TFL, and four sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- Tashaun Gipson has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding 62 tackles and five passes defended 14 over games.
Jaguars Players to Watch
- Gardner Minshew has thrown for 2,259 yards while completing 66.1% of his passes (216-of-327), with 16 touchdowns and five interceptions in nine games this year (251.0 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 29 times for 153 yards and one touchdown, averaging 17.0 yards per game.
- James Robinson has taken 240 attempts for a team-leading 1,070 rushing yards (76.4 yards per game) while scoring seven touchdowns in 14 games. He’s also caught 49 passes for 344 yards (24.6 receiving yards per game) with three touchdowns through the air.
- This season, D.J. Chark has 49 catches (on 87 targets) to lead the team with 644 yards (53.7 per game) while scoring four touchdowns in 12 games.
- Keelan Cole has also tacked on 49 catches for 593 yards and five touchdowns over the course of 14 games this year. He has been targeted 75 times and averages 42.4 receiving yards per game.
- Laviska Shenault Jr. has caught 47 passes on 63 targets for 484 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 40.3 yards per game in 12 contests in 2020.
- Dawuane Smoot has 5.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 5.0 TFL and 22 tackles over 14 games.
- In 14 games over the course of the 2020 campaign, Joe Schobert has collected 124 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and two interceptions and leads the team in tackles.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from