The New York Jets (1-13) will try to prove oddsmakers wrong when they hit the field against the Cleveland Browns (10-4) on Sunday, December 27, 2020 as a underdog. The over/under is set at for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 21, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Browns vs. Jets Odds
|Browns (-9.5)||Over (46.5)||Browns 30 Jets 18|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Browns Betting Insights
- Cleveland is just 3-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 5-2 overall on the road.
- Cleveland is just 6-8 against the spread.
- Most of Cleveland’s games this year — eight out of 14 — have gone over the point total (57.1%).
- The Browns have averaged 3.2 fewer points per game this season (26.3) than the Jets have allowed (29.5).
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Cleveland is 7-1 and 4-4 against the spread.
- When the New York defense allows 29.5 points or fewer this year, the Jets have accumulated a 1-4 overall record and a 2-3 record against the spread.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Jets Betting Insights
- Most of New York’s games this year — seven out of 13 — have failed to go over the point total (53.8%).
- New York has a losing 5-8 record against the spread.
- The Jets have averaged 12 fewer points per game this season (14.7) than the Browns have allowed (26.7).
- New York is 1-5 overall and 4-2 against the spread when they score at least 14.7 points this season.
- Cleveland is 6-1 overall and 4-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 26.7 points.
- New York has just a 3-4 record against the spread at home this year, and is 0-7 overall in home games.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Browns||26.3 (13)||26.7 (23)||53|
|Jets||14.7 (32)||29.5 (28)||44.2|
Browns Players to Watch
- Baker Mayfield has thrown for 3,082 yards while completing 64% of his passes (260-of-406), with 25 touchdowns and eight interceptions in 14 games this year (220.1 yards per game).
- Nick Chubb has taken 165 attempts for a team-leading 931 rushing yards (93.1 yards per game) while scoring 10 touchdowns in 10 games.
- Kareem Hunt has 793 yards on 184 carries (56.6 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns over the course of 14 games. He also has 34 catches for 259 yards (18.5 ypg) and five touchdowns.
- This season, Jarvis Landry has 67 catches (on 95 targets) to lead the team with 789 yards (56.4 per game) while scoring three touchdowns in 14 games.
- Rashard Higgins’ statline this year shows 35 grabs for 544 yards and four touchdowns over the course of 12 games. He averages 45.3 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 49 times.
- Austin Hooper has caught 35 passes on 50 targets for 327 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 29.7 yards per game in 11 contests in 2020.
- Myles Garrett has 11.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 9.0 TFL and 40 tackles over 14 games.
- B.J. Goodson leads the team in both tackles and interceptions, totaling 91 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and two interceptions in 14 games over the course of his 2020 campaign.
Jets Players to Watch
- This year, Sam Darnold has collected 1,767 passing yards (176.7 yards per game) while going 178-for-298 (59.7% completion percentage) and throwing six touchdowns and nine interceptions in 10 games. He has added a 194 rushing yards on 29 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 19.4 yards per game.
- Frank Gore has taken 173 carries for a team-leading 605 rushing yards (43.2 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns in 14 games.
- Ty Johnson has 196 yards on 41 carries (17.8 ypg), with one rushing touchdown over the course of 11 games.
- Jamison Crowder has been targeted 76 times and has 48 catches to lead the team with 576 yards (57.6 ypg) and scored five touchdowns in 10 games this season.
- Breshad Perriman’s statline this year shows 27 catches for 421 yards and three touchdowns over the course of 10 games. He puts up 42.1 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 47 times.
- Denzel Mims has totaled 342 yards on 22 passes with zero touchdowns in 2020, averaging 42.8 yards per game on 41 targets in eight contests.
- Quinnen Williams has 7.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 10.0 TFL and 55 tackles over 13 games.
- In 14 games over the course of the 2020 campaign, Neville Hewitt has collected 120 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and two sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- This season, Marcus Maye leads the team with two interceptions and has added 72 tackles, 3.0 TFL, two sacks, and 11 passes defended 14 in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from