The Houston Texans (4-10), losers of three straight games, square off against the Cincinnati Bengals (2-10-1), who are on a five-game losing streak, on Sunday, December 27, 2020 at NRG Stadium. Houston is favored by in the game. The game has a point total of .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 21, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Texans vs. Bengals Odds
|Texans (-9.0)||Over (45.0)||Texans 28 Bengals 19|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Texans Betting Insights
- Houston is just 5-8 against the spread.
- Houston’s games have gone under the point total in seven out of 13 opportunities this season (53.8%).
- The average points per game output for the Texans this season, 22.5, is 3.5 fewer than the 26 the Bengals have given up in each contest.
- When they meet or exceed their scoring average this season, Houston is 4-2 and 3-3 against the spread.
- When the Cincinnati defense allows 26 points or fewer this year, the Bengals have put together a 2-4-1 overall record and a 4-3 record against the spread.
- Houston has just a 2-4 record against the spread at home this year, and is 2-4 overall in home games.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Bengals Betting Insights
- Most of Cincinnati’s games this year — seven out of 13 — have not gone over the point total (53.8%).
- Cincinnati has a 7-6 record against the spread.
- Cincinnati is just 3-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 0-6-1 overall on the road.
- The Bengals have averaged 8.8 fewer points per game this season (18.8) than the Texans have allowed (27.6).
- In games where Cincinnati scores at least 18.8 points this season, they are 2-3-1 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- When Houston allows opposing offenses to put 27.6 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 4-3 overall and 5-2 against the spread.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Texans||22.5 (23)||27.6 (24)||50.1|
|Bengals||18.8 (30)||26 (22)||44.8|
Texans Players to Watch
- Deshaun Watson has thrown for 4,134 yards while completing 69.9% of his passes (330-of-472), with 27 touchdowns and six interceptions in 14 games this year (295.3 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 82 times for 394 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 28.1 yards per game.
- David Johnson has taken 121 carries for a team-leading 479 rushing yards (43.5 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns in 11 games. He’s also caught 27 passes for 267 yards (24.3 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown through the air.
- This season, Brandin Cooks has 63 catches (on 93 targets) to lead the team with 843 yards (64.8 per game) with three touchdowns in 13 games.
- Jordan Akins has also contributed with 355 yards on 32 catches with one touchdown. He has been targeted 43 times and averages 32.3 receiving yards per game over 11 matchups this year.
- Over 14 games in 2020, Darren Fells has caught 20 passes on 27 targets for 290 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 20.7 receiving yards per game.
- J.J. Watt has notched a team-leading 5.0 sacks, while adding 12.0 TFL, 45 tackles, and one interception over 14 games.
- Zach Cunningham has racked up 137 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and three sacks to lead the team in tackles so far in 14 games over the course of the 2020 campaign.
- Watt has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding 45 tackles, 12.0 TFL, five sacks, and eight passes defended 14 over games.
Bengals Players to Watch
- Brandon Allen has thrown for 506 yards while completing 65.5% of his passes (55-of-84), with three touchdowns and two interceptions in three games this year (168.7 yards per game).
- Giovani Bernard has taken 80 attempts for a team-leading 261 rushing yards (20.1 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns in 13 games. He’s also caught 39 passes for 275 yards (21.2 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns through the air.
- Samaje Perine leads the team with 141 rushing yards on 37 carries (10.8 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground over the course of 13 games in 2020.
- This season, Tyler Boyd has 78 catches (on 106 targets) to lead the team with 840 yards (64.6 per game) with four touchdowns in 13 games.
- Tee Higgins’ statline this year shows 58 catches for 778 yards and five touchdowns in 13 games. He puts up 59.8 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 91 times.
- A.J. Green has caught 41 passes on 88 targets for 419 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 32.2 yards per game in 13 contests in 2020.
- Carl Lawson has 4.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 3.0 TFL and 32 tackles over 13 games.
- Vonn Bell has totaled 94 tackles and 2.0 TFL to lead the team in tackles so far in 13 games over the 2020 campaign.
- Jessie Bates III has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 92 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 13 passes defended 13 in games this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from