The Denver Broncos (5-9) are underdogs in a home AFC West matchup with the Los Angeles Chargers (5-9) on Sunday, December 27, 2020 SoFi Stadium. The point total is set at for the outing.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 21, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Chargers vs. Broncos Odds
|Chargers (-3.5)||Over (48.5)||Chargers 27 Broncos 22|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Chargers Betting Insights
- Most of Los Angeles’ games this year — eight out of 13 — have hit the over (61.5%).
- Los Angeles is just 2-4 against the spread in home games this year, and is 3-4 overall at home.
- Los Angeles has put together a losing 6-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Chargers are just 1-2 ATS when favored by at least 3.5 points.
- The average points per game output for the Chargers this season, 23.4, is 4.8 fewer than the 28.2 the Broncos have given up in each contest.
- In games where Los Angeles score at least 23.4 points this season, they are 3-4 overall and 4-3 against the spread.
- Denver is 4-4 overall and 7-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 28.2 points.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Broncos Betting Insights
- Denver has compiled an 8-6 record against the spread this season.
- Half of Denver’s games this year — seven out of 14 — have gone over the point total.
- The Broncos have averaged 8.1 fewer points per game this season (19.7) than the Chargers have allowed (27.8).
- Denver is 4-2 overall and 5-1 against the spread when they score at least 19.7 points this season.
- When Los Angeles allows opposing offenses to put 27.8 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 3-3 overall and 3-2 against the spread.
- Denver has a 5-2 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 3-4 overall in away games.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Chargers||23.4 (21)||27.8 (26)||51.1|
|Broncos||19.7 (28)||28.2 (27)||47.9|
Chargers Players to Watch
- Justin Herbert leads the team with 3,781 passing yards (290.8 yards per game) and has a 66.5% completion percentage this year (353-of-531) while throwing 27 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 13 games. He also has 199 rushing yards on 45 carries with four touchdowns, averaging 15.3 yards per game.
- Austin Ekeler has taken 99 carries for a team-leading 467 rushing yards (58.4 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown in eight games. He’s also caught 45 passes for 347 yards (43.4 receiving yards per game).
- In 13 games in 2020, Joshua Kelley has rushed for 354 yards on 111 carries (27.2 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Keenan Allen has grabbed 100 passes to lead the team with 992 yards with eight touchdowns. He has been targeted 147 times and averages 70.9 yards per game over 14 outings.
- Hunter Henry has contributed with 613 yards on 60 grabs with four touchdowns. He has been targeted 92 times and puts up 43.8 receiving yards per game over the course of 14 matchups this year.
- Over 13 games in 2020, Mike Williams has caught 38 passes on 68 targets for 594 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 45.7 receiving yards per game.
- Joey Bosa has 7.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 15.0 TFL and 38 tackles over 12 games.
- Kenneth Murray has collected 96 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and one sack to lead the team in tackles so far in 14 games over the course of the 2020 campaign.
- Michael Davis has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 50 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 12 passes defended 14 in games this season.
Broncos Players to Watch
- This year, Drew Lock has recorded 2,330 passing yards (194.2 yards per game) while going 205-for-355 (57.7% completion percentage) and throwing 14 touchdowns and 13 interceptions in 12 games. He has tacked on a 138 rushing yards on 37 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 11.5 yards per game.
- Melvin Gordon III has taken 173 carries for a team-leading 814 rushing yards (62.6 yards per game) while scoring eight touchdowns in 13 games.
- Phillip Lindsay leads the team with 502 rushing yards on 118 carries (45.6 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground over the course of 11 games in 2020.
- Tim Patrick has been targeted 71 times and has 46 catches to lead the team with 657 yards (50.5 ypg) while scoring six touchdowns in 13 games this season.
- Jerry Jeudy’s statline this year shows 41 catches for 655 yards and two touchdowns over 14 games. He averages 46.8 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 91 times.
- Noah Fant has racked up 560 yards on 52 passes with three touchdowns in 2020, averaging 43.1 yards per game on 78 targets in 13 contests.
- Bradley Chubb has 7.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 8.0 TFL and 42 tackles over 14 games.
- Alexander Johnson has racked up 107 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one sack to lead the team in tackles so far in 14 games over the course of the 2020 campaign.
- Justin Simmons has a team-high four interceptions and has tacked on 89 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and seven passes defended 14 in games this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from