Oddsmakers give the Arizona Cardinals (8-6) the edge when they host the San Francisco 49ers (5-9) on Saturday, December 26, 2020 in a matchup between NFC West opponents at State Farm Stadium. Arizona is favored by . An over/under of is set for the game.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 21, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Cardinals vs. 49ers Odds
|Cardinals (-3.5)||Over (48.5)||Cardinals 29 49ers 21|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Cardinals Betting Insights
- Arizona has a 7-7 record against the spread.
- The Cardinals have an ATS record of 3-2 when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Just eight of Arizona’s 14 games this year have gone over the point total (35.7% of its outings).
- The 49ers defense has allowed 25.1 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 27.9 the Cardinals have scored.
- In games where Arizona score at least 27.9 points this season, they are 6-2 overall and 5-3 against the spread.
- San Francisco is 5-3 overall and 5-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 25.1 points.
- Arizona has just a 3-4 record against the spread at home this year, and is 4-3 overall in home games.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
49ers Betting Insights
- Half of San Francisco’s games this year — seven out of 14 — have gone over the point total.
- San Francisco has put together a losing 5-9 record against the spread this season.
- The 49ers are just 1-4 ATS when an underdog by at least 3.5 points.
- San Francisco has a 4-3 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 4-3 overall in away games.
- The 49ers average points scored this season (23.8) and the Cardinals points allowed (23.5) are within 0.3 points of each other.
- San Francisco is 4-3 overall and 4-3 against the spread when they score at least 23.8 points this season.
- When Arizona allows opposing offenses to put 23.5 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 5-1 overall and 5-1 against the spread.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Cardinals||27.9 (10)||23.5 (13)||51.4|
|49ers||23.8 (20)||25.1 (17)||48.9|
Cardinals Players to Watch
- Kyler Murray leads the team with 3,637 passing yards (259.8 yards per game) and has a 67.6% completion percentage this year (336-of-497) while throwing 26 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in 14 games. He also has 741 rushing yards on 123 carries with 11 touchdowns, averaging 52.9 yards per game.
- Kenyan Drake has taken 211 carries for a team-leading 874 rushing yards (67.2 yards per game) while scoring nine touchdowns in 13 games.
- This season, DeAndre Hopkins has 103 catches (on 138 targets) to lead the team with 1,324 yards (94.6 per game) with six touchdowns in 14 games.
- Christian Kirk has added 545 yards on 41 catches with six touchdowns. He has been targeted 69 times and puts up 41.9 receiving yards per game over the course of 13 matchups this year.
- Larry Fitzgerald has caught 48 passes on 64 targets for 381 yards and one touchdown, averaging 27.2 yards per game in 14 contests in 2020.
- Haason Reddick has 11.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 14.0 TFL and 54 tackles over 14 games.
- In 14 games over the 2020 campaign, Jordan Hicks has collected 107 tackles and 11.0 TFL and leads the team in tackles.
- Patrick Peterson has intercepted three passes to lead the team while adding 54 tackles and eight passes defended 14 over games.
49ers Players to Watch
- This year, Nick Mullens has recorded 2,437 passing yards (243.7 yards per game) while going 211-for-326 (64.7% completion percentage) and throwing 12 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in 10 games.
- Raheem Mostert has taken 104 attempts for a team-leading 521 rushing yards (65.1 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns in eight games. He’s also caught 16 passes for 156 yards (19.5 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown through the air.
- Jeff Wilson Jr. leads the team with 344 rushing yards on 84 carries (38.2 yards per game), with six touchdowns on the ground over the course of nine games in 2020.
- This season, Brandon Aiyuk has 59 catches (on 94 targets) to lead the team with 733 yards (56.4 per game) with five touchdowns in 13 games.
- Kendrick Bourne’s statline this year shows 43 catches for 575 yards and two touchdowns over 14 games. He puts up 41.1 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 67 times.
- Deebo Samuel has racked up 391 yards on 33 passes with one touchdown in 2020, averaging 48.9 yards per game on 44 targets in eight contests.
- Kerry Hyder has notched a team-leading 7.5 sacks, while adding 8.0 TFL and 45 tackles over 14 games.
- In 14 games over the course of his 2020 campaign, Fred Warner has 103 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two interceptions, and leads the team in both interceptions and tackles.
- Warner has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 103 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and three passes defended 14 in games this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from