The Houston Texans (4-9) are 7.5-point underdogs in a home AFC South matchup with the Indianapolis Colts (9-4) on Sunday, December 20, 2020 Lucas Oil Stadium. The game has an over/under of 51.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 18, 2020, 7:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Colts vs. Texans Odds
|Colts (-7.5)||Under (51.5)||Colts 31 Texans 20|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Colts Betting Insights
- Indianapolis has compiled an 8-5 record against the spread this season.
- The Colts have an even ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- Indianapolis’ games have hit the over in eight out of 13 opportunities this season (61.5%).
- The Colts average points scored this season (28.6) and the Texans points allowed (27.6) are within one point of each other.
- In games where Indianapolis score at least 28.6 points this season, they are 6-0 overall and 5-1 against the spread.
- Houston is 4-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 27.6 points.
- Indianapolis is an even 3-3 against the spread in home games this year, and is 4-2 overall at home.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Texans Betting Insights
- Houston has a losing 4-8 record against the spread.
- Houston’s games have gone over the point total in six out of 12 opportunities this season (50%).
- The Texans average points scored this season (22.7) and the Colts points allowed (23.1) are within 0.4 points of each other.
- In games where Houston scores at least 22.7 points this season, they are 4-2 overall and 3-3 against the spread.
- Indianapolis is 6-0 overall and 6-0 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 23.1 points.
- Houston’s record against the spread in away games this year is just 2-4, and its record on the road overall is 2-5.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Colts||28.6 (5)||23.1 (12)||51.7|
|Texans||22.7 (23)||27.6 (25)||50.3|
Colts Players to Watch
- Philip Rivers has thrown for 3,507 yards while completing 68.1% of his passes (309-of-454), with 20 touchdowns and nine interceptions in 13 games this year (269.8 yards per game).
- Jonathan Taylor has rushed for a team-leading 759 yards on 168 attempts (58.4 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns in 13 games. He also averages 22.0 receiving yards per game, grabbing 31 passes for 286 yards and one touchdown.
- Jordan Wilkins has 308 yards on 84 carries (23.7 ypg), with one rushing touchdown over the course of 13 games.
- T.Y. Hilton has grabbed 46 passes to lead the team with 604 yards while scoring four touchdowns. He has been targeted 73 times and averages 50.3 yards per game over 12 outings.
- Zach Pascal has also tacked on 445 yards on 34 grabs with two touchdowns. He has been targeted 55 times and puts up 34.2 receiving yards per game over the course of 13 matchups this year.
- Over 10 games in 2020, Michael Pittman Jr. has caught 33 passes on 50 targets for 418 yards and one touchdown, averaging 41.8 receiving yards per game.
- Justin Houston has registered a team-leading 7.5 sacks, while adding 7.0 TFL and 21 tackles over 13 games.
- In 11 games over the 2020 campaign, Darius Leonard has racked up 97 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and two sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- Kenny Moore II has picked off four passes to lead the team while adding 58 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and 11 passes defended 13 over games.
Texans Players to Watch
- This year, Deshaun Watson has racked up 3,761 passing yards (289.3 yards per game) while going 297-for-431 (68.9% completion percentage) and throwing 25 touchdowns and six interceptions in 13 games. He has tacked on 369 rushing yards on 76 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 28.4 yards per game.
- David Johnson has churned out a team-high 452 rushing yards (45.2 yards per game) and scored four touchdowns in 10 games. He has added 16 catches for 161 yards (16.1 receiving yards per game) with one receiving touchdown.
- Brandin Cooks has been targeted 86 times and has 57 catches to lead the team with 784 yards (65.3 ypg) and scored three touchdowns in 12 games this season.
- Jordan Akins has added 27 catches for 305 yards and one touchdown in 10 games this year. He has been targeted 37 times and puts up 30.5 receiving yards per game.
- Darren Fells has totaled 290 yards on 20 passes with three touchdowns in 2020, averaging 22.3 yards per game on 27 targets in 13 contests.
- J.J. Watt has 5.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 11.0 TFL, 44 tackles, and one interception over 13 games.
- Zach Cunningham has totaled 127 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and three sacks to lead the team in tackles so far in 13 games over the 2020 campaign.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from