Oddsmakers heavily favor the Pittsburgh Steelers (11-2) when they visit the Cincinnati Bengals (2-10-1) on Monday, December 21, 2020 in a matchup between AFC North rivals at Paul Brown Stadium. Pittsburgh is favorites. The point total is set at for the outing.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 15, 2020, 1:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Steelers vs. Bengals Odds
|Steelers (-12.5)||Over (40.5)||Steelers 31 Bengals 14|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Steelers Betting Insights
- Pittsburgh has a 4-2 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 5-1 overall in away games.
- Pittsburgh is 8-5 against the spread.
- The Steelers are just 0-1 ATS when favored by at least 12.5 points.
- Pittsburgh’s games have gone under the point total in seven out of 13 opportunities this season (53.8%).
- The Steelers average points scored this season (26.8) and the Bengals points allowed (26) are within 0.8 points of each other.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Pittsburgh is 7-0 and 7-0 against the spread.
- Cincinnati is 2-4-1 overall and 4-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 26 points.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Bengals Betting Insights
- Most of Cincinnati’s games this year — seven out of 13 — have failed to go over the point total (53.8%).
- Cincinnati has compiled a 7-6 record against the spread this season.
- Cincinnati is 4-2 against the spread in home games this year, and is 2-4 overall at home.
- The Bengals average points scored this season (18.8) and the Steelers points allowed (18.2) are within 0.6 points of each other.
- In games where Cincinnati scores at least 18.8 points this season, they are 2-3-1 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- Pittsburgh is 5-0 overall and 4-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 18.2 points.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Steelers||26.8 (12)||18.2 (1)||45.1|
|Bengals||18.8 (30)||26 (22)||44.8|
Steelers Players to Watch
- Ben Roethlisberger has thrown for 3,292 yards while completing 66.2% of his passes (345-of-521), with 29 touchdowns and nine interceptions in 13 games this year (253.2 yards per game).
- James Conner has taken 155 carries for a team-leading 663 rushing yards (51.0 yards per game) while scoring five touchdowns in 13 games.
- Benny Snell Jr. has 274 yards on 84 carries (21.1 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns over the course of 13 games.
- Diontae Johnson has grabbed 69 passes to lead the team with 694 yards while scoring five touchdowns. He has been targeted 113 times and averages 57.8 yards per game over 12 outings.
- Chase Claypool’s statline this year shows 50 catches for 664 yards and eight touchdowns over the course of 13 games. He averages 51.1 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 84 times.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster has caught 79 passes on 101 targets for 655 yards and seven touchdowns, averaging 50.4 yards per game in 13 contests in 2020.
- T.J. Watt has registered a team-leading 12.0 sacks, while adding 19.0 TFL, 47 tackles, and one interception over 13 games.
- In 12 games over the 2020 campaign, Avery Williamson has collected 82 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick has intercepted four passes to lead the team while adding 60 tackles and nine passes defended 13 over games.
Bengals Players to Watch
- This year, Brandon Allen has collected 506 passing yards (168.7 yards per game) while going 55-for-84 (65.5% completion percentage) and throwing three touchdowns and two interceptions in three games.
- Giovani Bernard has churned out a team-high 261 rushing yards (20.1 yards per game) and scored two touchdowns in 13 games. He has tacked on 39 catches for 275 yards (21.2 receiving yards per game) with two receiving touchdowns.
- Samaje Perine leads the team with 141 rushing yards on 37 carries (10.8 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground over the course of 13 games in 2020.
- This season, Tyler Boyd has 78 catches (on 106 targets) to lead the team with 840 yards (64.6 per game) while scoring four touchdowns in 13 games.
- Tee Higgins’ statline this year shows 58 catches for 778 yards and five touchdowns in 13 games. He averages 59.8 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 91 times.
- A.J. Green has caught 41 passes on 88 targets for 419 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 32.2 yards per game in 13 contests in 2020.
- Carl Lawson has notched a team-leading 4.5 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and 32 tackles over 13 games.
- In 13 games over the 2020 campaign, Vonn Bell has collected 94 tackles and 2.0 TFL and leads the team in tackles.
- Jessie Bates III has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 92 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 13 passes defended 13 in games this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from