The New York Jets (0-13) bring a 13-game losing streak into a matchup against the Los Angeles Rams (9-4) on Sunday, December 20, 2020 at SoFi Stadium. Los Angeles is a favorite in the game. An over/under of is set in the game.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 14, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Rams vs. Jets Odds
|Rams (-16.5)||Under (44.5)||Rams 36 Jets 8|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Rams Betting Insights
- Just nine of Los Angeles’ 13 games this year have gone over the point total (30.8% of its opportunities).
- Los Angeles is 4-2 against the spread in home games this year, and is 5-1 overall at home.
- Los Angeles is 8-5 against the spread.
- The Rams have averaged 5.2 fewer points per game this season (25) than the Jets have allowed (30.2).
- In games where Los Angeles score at least 25 points this season, they are 4-1 overall and 4-1 against the spread.
- New York is 0-6 overall and 2-4 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 30.2 points.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Jets Betting Insights
- Half of New York’s games this year — six out of 12 — have gone over the point total.
- New York has compiled a losing 4-8 record against the spread this season.
- The Jets have averaged 4.8 fewer points per game this season (14.1) than the Rams have allowed (18.9).
- In games where New York scores at least 14.1 points this season, they are 0-5 overall and 3-2 against the spread.
- When Los Angeles allows opposing offenses to put 18.9 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 6-0 overall and 5-1 against the spread.
- New York’s record against the spread in away games this year is just 1-4, and its record on the road overall is 0-6.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Rams||25 (17)||18.9 (3)||43.9|
|Jets||14.1 (32)||30.2 (31)||44.3|
Rams Players to Watch
- Jared Goff leads the team with 3,508 passing yards (269.8 yards per game) and has a 68.2% completion percentage this year (324-of-475) while throwing 18 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in 13 games.
- Darrell Henderson has taken 125 attempts for a team-leading 566 rushing yards (43.5 yards per game) while scoring five touchdowns in 13 games.
- Cam Akers has 528 yards on 109 carries (48.0 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns over the course of 11 games.
- This season, Cooper Kupp has 79 catches (on 111 targets) to lead the team with 869 yards (66.8 per game) with three touchdowns in 13 games.
- Robert Woods has also contributed with 795 yards on 76 catches with five touchdowns. He has been targeted 106 times and puts up 61.2 receiving yards per game over the course of 13 matchups this year.
- Over 13 games in 2020, Josh Reynolds has caught 40 passes on 63 targets for 515 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 39.6 receiving yards per game.
- Aaron Donald has 12.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 10.0 TFL and 36 tackles over 13 games.
- In 13 games over the 2020 campaign, John Johnson has racked up 85 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- Darious Williams has intercepted four passes to lead the team while adding 28 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 13 passes defended 13 over games.
Jets Players to Watch
- Sam Darnold has thrown for 1,560 yards while completing 58.4% of his passes (156-of-267), with five touchdowns and nine interceptions in nine games this year (173.3 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 24 times for 176 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 19.6 yards per game.
- Frank Gore has churned out a team-high 546 rushing yards (42.0 yards per game) and scored one touchdown in 13 games.
- Ty Johnson leads the team with 180 rushing yards on 38 carries (18.0 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground over the course of 10 games in 2020.
- Jamison Crowder has been targeted 68 times and has 42 catches to lead the team with 510 yards (56.7 ypg) while scoring five touchdowns in nine games this season.
- Breshad Perriman’s statline this year shows 26 catches for 400 yards and three touchdowns in nine games. He averages 44.4 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 46 times.
- Braxton Berrios has racked up 305 yards on 29 passes with two touchdowns in 2020, averaging 23.5 yards per game on 46 targets in 13 contests.
- Quinnen Williams has notched a team-leading 6.0 sacks, while adding 9.0 TFL and 51 tackles over 12 games.
- Neville Hewitt has racked up 110 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and two sacks to lead the team in tackles so far in 13 games over the course of the 2020 campaign.
- Marcus Maye has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 66 tackles, 3.0 TFL, two sacks, and 10 passes defended 13 in games this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from