The best team in the AFC West, the Kansas City Chiefs (12-1), are favorites against the NFC South-leading New Orleans Saints (10-3) on Sunday, December 20, 2020 at Mercedes-Benz Superdome. An over/under of is set in the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 14, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Chiefs vs. Saints Odds
|Saints (+3.5)||Under (51.5)||Saints 26 Chiefs 25|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Chiefs Betting Insights
- Kansas City has compiled a losing 6-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Chiefs are just 5-7 ATS when favored by at least 3.5 points.
- Kansas City’s games have gone under the point total in seven out of 13 outings this season (53.8%).
- The Chiefs have put an average of 31 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 10.6 more than the 20.4 the Saints have surrendered in each contest.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Kansas City is 7-1 and 4-4 against the spread.
- When the New Orleans defense allows 20.4 points or fewer this year, the Saints have accumulated a 5-0 overall record and a 5-0 record against the spread.
- Kansas City is just 3-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 7-0 overall on the road.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Saints Betting Insights
- Seven New Orleans’ 12 games this year have gone over the point total (58.3% of its opportunities).
- New Orleans has a 7-5 record against the spread.
- The Saints have a losing ATS record of 4-5 when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- The Saints, on average, score 6.7 more points per game this season (28.3) than the Chiefs allow (21.6).
- New Orleans is 5-1 overall and 4-2 against the spread when they score at least 28.3 points this season.
- Kansas City is 8-0 overall and 6-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 21.6 points.
- New Orleans is an even 3-3 against the spread in home games this year, and is 5-1 overall at home.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Chiefs||31 (2)||21.6 (8)||52.6|
|Saints||28.3 (7)||20.4 (5)||48.7|
Chiefs Players to Watch
- Patrick Mahomes II leads the team with 4,208 passing yards (323.7 yards per game) and has a 68.4% completion percentage this year (340-of-497) while throwing 33 touchdowns and five interceptions in 13 games. He also has 244 rushing yards on 53 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 18.8 yards per game.
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire has ran for a team-leading 724 yards on 167 attempts (60.3 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns in 12 games. He also averages 24.4 receiving yards per game, grabbing 35 passes for 293 yards and one touchdown.
- This season, Travis Kelce has 90 catches (on 120 targets) to lead the team with 1,250 yards (96.2 per game) with nine touchdowns in 13 games.
- Tyreek Hill’s statline this year shows 77 catches for 1,158 yards and 14 touchdowns in 13 games. He averages 89.1 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 118 times.
- Over 13 games in 2020, Mecole Hardman has caught 33 passes on 45 targets for 489 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 37.6 receiving yards per game.
- Chris Jones has registered a team-leading 6.5 sacks, while adding 2.0 TFL and 35 tackles over 12 games.
- In 13 games over the 2020 campaign, Daniel Sorensen has racked up 81 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three interceptions and leads the team in tackles.
- Tyrann Mathieu has intercepted six passes to lead the team while adding 60 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and nine passes defended 13 over games.
Saints Players to Watch
- Taysom Hill has thrown for 920 yards while completing 72.3% of his passes (86-of-119), with four touchdowns and two interceptions in 13 games this year (70.8 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 73 times for 397 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 30.5 yards per game.
- Alvin Kamara has ran for a team-leading 723 yards on 154 attempts (55.6 yards per game) while scoring 10 touchdowns in 13 games. He also averages 53.8 receiving yards per game, grabbing 77 passes for 699 yards and four touchdowns.
- Latavius Murray leads the team with 581 rushing yards on 130 carries (44.7 yards per game), with four touchdowns on the ground over the course of 13 games in 2020.
- Emmanuel Sanders has also added 44 catches for 504 yards and four touchdowns in 13 games this year. He has been targeted 59 times and averages 38.8 receiving yards per game.
- Michael Thomas has totaled 438 yards on 40 passes with zero touchdowns in 2020, averaging 62.6 yards per game on 55 targets in seven contests.
- Trey Hendrickson has registered a team-leading 10.5 sacks, while adding 10.0 TFL and 22 tackles over 13 games.
- In 13 games over the course of the 2020 campaign, Demario Davis has totaled 90 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and four sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- Janoris Jenkins has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 39 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 10 passes defended 10 in games this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from