The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-5) visit the Atlanta Falcons (4-9) on Sunday, December 20, 2020 in a matchup between NFC South opponents at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Atlanta is a underdog. The contest has an over/under of .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 14, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Buccaneers vs. Falcons Odds
|Buccaneers (-5.0)||Under (51.0)||Buccaneers 28 Falcons 22|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Buccaneers Betting Insights
- Most of Tampa Bay’s games this year — seven out of 13 — have gone over the point total (53.8%).
- Tampa Bay has an even 3-3 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 4-2 overall in away games.
- Tampa Bay is 7-6 against the spread.
- The Buccaneers have an ATS record of 4-2 when playing as at least 5.0-point favorites.
- The Buccaneers, on average, score 3.7 more points per game this season (28.5) than the Falcons allow (24.8).
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Tampa Bay is 5-0 and 4-1 against the spread.
- When the Atlanta defense allows 24.8 points or fewer this year, the Falcons have pieced together a 3-5 overall record and a 3-4 record against the spread.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Falcons Betting Insights
- Just seven of Atlanta’s 12 games this year have gone over the point total (41.7% of its outings).
- Atlanta has put together a losing 5-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Falcons average points scored this season (25.2) and the Buccaneers points allowed (22.6) are within 2.6 points of each other.
- In games where Atlanta scores at least 25.2 points this season, they are 3-2 overall and 4-1 against the spread.
- Tampa Bay is 5-1 overall and 5-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 22.6 points.
- Atlanta has just a 2-5 record against the spread at home this year, and is 2-5 overall in home games.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Buccaneers||28.5 (6)||22.6 (11)||51.1|
|Falcons||25.2 (16)||24.8 (16)||50|
Buccaneers Players to Watch
- Tom Brady leads the team with 3,496 passing yards (268.9 yards per game) and has a 64.8% completion percentage this year (322-of-497) while throwing 30 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in 13 games.
- Ronald Jones II has taken 180 attempts for a team-leading 900 rushing yards (69.2 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns in 13 games.
- In 10 games in 2020, Leonard Fournette has run for 271 yards on 69 carries (27.1 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns. Fournette also makes an impact in the passing game, catching 28 passes for 171 (17.1 ypg).
- This season, Mike Evans has 51 catches (on 86 targets) to lead the team with 669 yards (51.5 per game) while scoring 11 touchdowns in 13 games.
- Chris Godwin has contributed with 587 yards on 51 catches with three touchdowns. He has been targeted 63 times and puts up 65.2 receiving yards per game over the course of nine matchups this year.
- Rob Gronkowski has caught 38 passes on 64 targets for 507 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 39.0 yards per game in 13 contests in 2020.
- Jason Pierre-Paul has 9.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 6.0 TFL, 50 tackles, and two interceptions over 13 games.
- Devin White has racked up 118 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and five sacks to lead the team in tackles so far in 13 games over the course of the 2020 campaign.
- Carlton Davis has picked off four passes to lead the team while adding 59 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 17 passes defended 13 over games.
Falcons Players to Watch
- This year, Matt Ryan has racked up 3,660 passing yards (281.5 yards per game) while going 317-for-498 (63.7% completion percentage) and throwing 19 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in 13 games.
- Todd Gurley II has churned out a team-high 645 rushing yards (53.8 yards per game) and scored nine touchdowns in 12 games.
- Brian Hill leads the team with 337 rushing yards on 79 carries (25.9 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground over the course of 13 games in 2020.
- Calvin Ridley has been targeted 108 times and has 67 catches to lead the team with 1,029 yards (85.8 ypg) and scored eight touchdowns in 12 games this season.
- Julio Jones has also chipped in with 51 catches for 771 yards and three touchdowns over nine games this year. He has been targeted 68 times and averages 85.7 receiving yards per game.
- Russell Gage has caught 54 passes on 84 targets for 604 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 46.5 yards per game in 13 contests in 2020.
- Deion Jones has registered a team-leading 3.5 sacks, while adding 7.0 TFL, 84 tackles, and two interceptions over 13 games.
- Foyesade Oluokun has collected 96 tackles, 4.0 TFL, three sacks, and one interception to lead the team in tackles so far in 12 games over the 2020 campaign.
- Blidi Wreh-Wilson has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on seven tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four passes defended 13 in games this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from