The Los Angeles Chargers (3-9) are underdogs against the Atlanta Falcons (4-8) on Sunday, December 13, 2020. The contest has an over/under of .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 8, 2020, 1:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Falcons vs. Chargers Odds
|Falcons (-2.5)||Over (49.5)||Falcons 27, Chargers 24|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Falcons Betting Insights
- Just seven of Atlanta’s 12 games this year have gone over the point total (41.7% of its opportunities).
- Atlanta’s record against the spread in away games this year is 3-2, and its record on the road overall is 2-3.
- Atlanta is just 5-7 against the spread.
- The Falcons are just 1-2 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- The Falcons average points scored this season (25.9) and the Chargers points allowed (28.8) are within 2.9 points of each other.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Atlanta is 3-2 and 4-1 against the spread.
- When the Los Angeles defense allows 28.8 points or fewer this year, the Chargers have accumulated a 2-3 overall record and a 2-3 record against the spread.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Chargers Betting Insights
- Seven Los Angeles’ 12 games this year have gone over the point total (58.3% of its opportunities).
- Los Angeles has a losing 5-7 record against the spread.
- The Chargers are just 2-3 ATS when an underdog by at least 2.5 points.
- The Chargers average points scored this season (23.1) and the Falcons points allowed (25.2) are within 2.1 points of each other.
- Los Angeles is 2-4 overall and 3-3 against the spread when they score at least 23.1 points this season.
- When Atlanta allows opposing offenses to put 25.2 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 3-4 overall and 3-4 against the spread.
- Los Angeles has just a 2-4 record against the spread at home this year, and is 2-4 overall in home games.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Falcons||25.9 (13)||25.2 (17)||51.1|
|Chargers||23.1 (22)||28.8 (27)||51.8|
Falcons Players to Watch
- Matt Ryan leads the team with 3,436 passing yards (286.3 yards per game) and has a 63.5% completion percentage this year (296-of-466) while throwing 18 touchdowns and eight interceptions in 12 games.
- Todd Gurley II has rushed for a team-leading 626 yards on 175 carries (56.9 yards per game) while scoring nine touchdowns in 11 games.
- In 12 games in 2020, Brian Hill has rushed for 334 yards on 78 carries (27.8 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- This season, Calvin Ridley has 59 catches (on 96 targets) to lead the team with 905 yards (82.3 per game) while scoring seven touchdowns in 11 games.
- Julio Jones has also added 771 yards on 51 grabs with three touchdowns. He has been targeted 68 times and averages 85.7 receiving yards per game over nine matchups this year.
- Over 12 games in 2020, Russell Gage has caught 49 passes on 77 targets for 522 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 43.5 receiving yards per game.
- Deion Jones has 3.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 7.0 TFL, 78 tackles, and two interceptions over 12 games.
- Foyesade Oluokun has totaled 86 tackles, 3.0 TFL, two sacks, and one interception to lead the team in tackles so far in 11 games over the 2020 campaign.
- Blidi Wreh-Wilson has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on seven tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended 12 in games this season.
Chargers Players to Watch
- Justin Herbert has thrown for 3,224 yards while completing 64.8% of his passes (295-of-455), with 23 touchdowns and nine interceptions in 11 games this year (293.1 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 41 times for 185 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 16.8 yards per game.
- Joshua Kelley has picked up a team-high 346 rushing yards (28.8 yards per game) and scored two touchdowns in 12 games.
- Austin Ekeler leads the team with 328 rushing yards on 71 carries (54.7 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground over the course of six games in 2020. He also has 32 catches for 261 yards (43.5 per game).
- This season, Keenan Allen has 90 catches (on 133 targets) to lead the team with 923 yards (76.9 per game) with seven touchdowns in 12 games.
- Mike Williams has also chipped in with 36 catches for 572 yards and four touchdowns over 11 games this year. He has been targeted 66 times and puts up 52.0 receiving yards per game.
- Hunter Henry has caught 49 passes on 77 targets for 507 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 42.3 yards per game in 12 contests in 2020.
- Joey Bosa has registered a team-leading 7.5 sacks, while adding 15.0 TFL and 31 tackles over 10 games.
- Kenneth Murray has collected 81 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one sack to lead the team in tackles so far in 12 games over the course of the 2020 campaign.
- This season, Michael Davis leads the team with two interceptions and has added 48 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and nine passes defended 12 in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from