The Los Angeles Chargers (3-8) are against the New England Patriots (5-6) on Sunday, December 6, 2020. The point total is set at for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of November 30, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Chargers vs. Patriots Odds
|Chargers||Over||Chargers 25 Patriots 23|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Chargers Betting Insights
- Los Angeles is just 2-3 against the spread in home games this year, and is 2-3 overall at home.
- Los Angeles has put together a losing 5-6 record against the spread this season.
- The Chargers are just 2-3 ATS when favored by at least 1.0 point.
- Los Angeles’ games have hit the over in seven out of 11 opportunities this season (63.6%).
- The Patriots defense has allowed 23.2 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 25.2 the Chargers have scored.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Los Angeles is 2-4 and 3-3 against the spread.
- New England is 4-1 overall and 4-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 23.2 points.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Patriots Betting Insights
- Just seven of New England’s 11 games this year have gone over the point total (36.4% of its outings).
- New England has compiled a losing 5-6 record against the spread this season.
- The Patriots have a losing ATS record of 2-4 when playing as at least 1.0-point underdogs.
- New England is just 1-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 1-4 overall on the road.
- The Patriots have averaged 6.5 fewer points per game this season (20.8) than the Chargers have allowed (27.3).
- In games where New England scores at least 20.8 points this season, they are 4-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread.
- When Los Angeles allows opposing offenses to put 27.3 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 1-3 overall and 2-2 against the spread.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Chargers||25.2 (16)||27.3 (25)||52.5|
|Patriots||20.8 (27)||23.2 (12)||44|
Chargers Players to Watch
- Justin Herbert leads the team with 3,015 passing yards (301.5 yards per game) and has a 66.9% completion percentage this year (269-of-402) while throwing 23 touchdowns and seven interceptions in 10 games. He also has 185 rushing yards on 41 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 18.5 yards per game.
- Joshua Kelley has taken 109 carries for a team-leading 346 rushing yards (31.5 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns in 11 games.
- In five games in 2020, Austin Ekeler has rushed for 292 yards on 63 carries (58.4 ypg), with one rushing touchdown. Ekeler also makes an impact in the passing game, catching 28 passes for 229 (45.8 ypg).
- Keenan Allen has reeled in 85 passes to lead the team with 875 yards with seven touchdowns. He has been targeted 122 times and averages 79.5 yards per game over 11 outings.
- Mike Williams’ statline this year shows 32 grabs for 529 yards and four touchdowns over 10 games. He averages 52.9 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 57 times.
- Hunter Henry has caught 48 passes on 75 targets for 502 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 45.6 yards per game in 11 contests in 2020.
- Joey Bosa has collected a team-leading 7.5 sacks, while adding 14.0 TFL and 28 tackles over nine games.
- In 11 games over the 2020 campaign, Rayshawn Jenkins has racked up 69 tackles, four TFL, one sack, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- Michael Davis has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 44 tackles, one TFL, and nine passes defended 11 in games this season.
Patriots Players to Watch
- Cam Newton has thrown for 1,984 yards while completing 66.9% of his passes (178-of-266), with four touchdowns and nine interceptions in 11 games this year (180.4 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 92 times for 387 yards and nine touchdowns, averaging 35.2 yards per game.
- Damien Harris has taken 110 carries for a team-leading 561 rushing yards (70.1 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns in eight games.
- Damiere Byrd has been targeted 55 times and has 35 catches to lead the team with 502 yards (45.6 ypg) while scoring one touchdown in 11 games this season.
- Jakobi Meyers has also added 36 catches for 443 yards and no touchdowns in nine games this year. He has been targeted 47 times and averages 49.2 receiving yards per game.
- James White has collected 266 yards on 34 passes with zero touchdowns in 2020, averaging 29.6 yards per game on 42 targets in nine contests.
- Chase Winovich has 3.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also added four TFL and 34 tackles over 11 games.
- In 11 games over the 2020 campaign, Adrian Phillips has racked up 70 tackles, five TFL, and two interceptions and leads the team in tackles.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from