The Houston Texans (3-7) are heading into their matchup on Thursday, November 26, 2020, against the Detroit Lions (4-6). An over/under of is set for the game.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of November 23, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Texans vs. Lions Odds
|Lions||Under||Lions 26 Texans 25|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Texans Betting Insights
- Houston has played in five games this year that went over the point total (50% of its outings).
- Houston’s record against the spread in away games this year is just 1-4, and its record on the road overall is 1-4.
- Houston is just 3-7 against the spread.
- The Texans are just 1-2 ATS when favored by at least 3.0 points.
- The average points per game output for the Texans this season, 22.7, is six fewer than the 28.7 the Lions have given up in each contest.
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Houston is 3-2 and 2-3 against the spread.
- Detroit is 4-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 28.7 points.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Lions Betting Insights
- Six Detroit’s 10 games this year have gone over the point total (60% of its outings).
- Detroit has compiled a losing 4-6 record against the spread this season.
- The Lions have a split ATS record of 1-1 when an underdog by at least 3.0 points.
- Detroit is just 1-3 against the spread in home games this year, and is 1-3 overall at home.
- The average points per game output for the Lions this season, 22.7, is 4.5 fewer than the 27.2 the Texans have given up in each contest.
- In games where Detroit scores at least 22.7 points this season, they are 4-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread.
- When Houston allows opposing offenses to put 27.2 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 3-1 overall and 3-1 against the spread.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Texans||22.7 (22)||27.2 (23)||49.9|
|Lions||22.7 (22)||28.7 (28)||51.4|
Texans Players to Watch
- Deshaun Watson leads the team with 2,883 passing yards (288.3 yards per game) and has a 68.9% completion percentage this year (233-of-338) while throwing 20 touchdowns and five interceptions in 10 games. He also has 269 rushing yards on 54 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 26.9 yards per game.
- In eight games in 2020, Duke Johnson Jr. has rushed for 164 yards on 58 carries (20.5 ypg), with one rushing touchdown. Johnson also figures in the passing game, catching 17 passes for 129 (16.1 ypg).
- This season, Will Fuller V has 47 catches (on 68 targets) to lead the team with 708 yards (70.8 per game) while scoring six touchdowns in 10 games.
- Brandin Cooks’ statline this year shows 47 grabs for 634 yards and three touchdowns over 10 games. He puts up 63.4 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 73 times.
- Randall Cobb has caught 38 passes on 48 targets for 441 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 44.1 yards per game in 10 contests in 2020.
- J.J. Watt has registered a team-leading four sacks, while adding seven TFL and 32 tackles over 10 games.
- Zach Cunningham has totaled 101 tackles, four TFL, and three sacks to lead the team in tackles so far in 10 games over the course of the 2020 campaign.
- Bradley Roby has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 37 tackles, two TFL, and six passes defended nine in games this season.
Lions Players to Watch
- Matthew Stafford has thrown for 2,581 yards while completing 62.8% of his passes (216-of-344), with 17 touchdowns and seven interceptions in 10 games this year (258.1 yards per game).
- Adrian Peterson has racked up a team-high 389 rushing yards (38.9 yards per game) and scored two touchdowns in 10 games.
- D’Andre Swift leads the team with 331 rushing yards on 70 carries (36.8 yards per game), with four touchdowns on the ground over the course of nine games in 2020. He also has 31 catches for 275 yards (30.6 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Marvin Jones Jr. has been targeted 57 times and has 37 catches to lead the team with 455 yards (45.5 ypg) and scored five touchdowns in 10 games this season.
- T.J. Hockenson has also chipped in with 40 catches for 441 yards and five touchdowns over the course of 10 games this year. He has been targeted 60 times and averages 44.1 receiving yards per game.
- Danny Amendola has caught 28 passes on 44 targets for 411 yards and zero touchdowns, averaging 45.7 yards per game in nine contests in 2020.
- Romeo Okwara has six sacks to lead the team, and has also collected seven TFL and 30 tackles over 10 games.
- Jamie Collins Sr. has racked up 77 tackles, four TFL, one sack, and one interception to lead the team in tackles so far in 10 games over the 2020 campaign.
- Duron Harmon has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 38 tackles and four passes defended 10 in games this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from