The San Jose State Spartans (1-1) square off against the Western Michigan Broncos (1-2) in college football action at CEFCU Stadium in San Jose, California. The Spartans, listed aton the spread, take to their home field on September 24, 2022 at 10:30 PM ET on CBS Sports against the Broncos, moneyline odds to win. The contest’s total is currently set at .
The betting facts in the article below are based off odds valid as of September 23, 2022 at 10:26 AM ET. See below for a table with the latest odds for this game and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at FanDuel today!
San Jose State Vs. Western Michigan Odds
|San Jose State (-7)||Under (49)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|San Jose State||Stats (Rank)||Western Michigan|
|18.5 (114)||Points Per Game||21.0 (108)|
|20.5 (51)||Points Per Game Against||33.0 (103)|
|257.0 (53)||Pass Yards||184.3 (103)|
|219.0 (73)||Pass Yards Against||234.3 (82)|
|51.5 (129)||Rush Yards||132.7 (90)|
|167.5 (95)||Rush Yards Against||197.0 (115)|
|0 (100)||Giveaways||7 (116)|
|5 (23)||Takeaways||3 (72)|
San Jose State Vs. Western Michigan Betting Insights
San Jose State Stats And Trends
- San Jose State has one win against the spread this season.
- San Jose State has yet to win ATS (0-1) when playing as at least 7-point favorites this year.
- The average total for Spartans games this season has been 50.0, 1.0 point higher than the total for this game.
Western Michigan Stats And Trends
- Western Michigan has one win against the spread this year.
- Western Michigan doesn’t have a win ATS (0-2) as a 7-point underdog or more this year.
- Western Michigan has played two games (out of three) which finished over the total this year.
- Broncos games have finished with over 49 points one time this year.
- The average total points scored in Broncos games this year (49) is 1.8 points higher than the total for this matchup.
San Jose State Players To Watch
- Chevan Cordeiro has been a dual threat to lead San Jose State in both passing and rushing. He has 514 passing yards (257.0 ypg), completing 55.7% of his passes and collecting one touchdown pass this season. He’s rushed for 23 yards (11.5 ypg) on 27 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Kairee Robinson, has carried the ball 21 times for 59 yards (29.5 per game), with one touchdown this year. He’s also caught six passes for 53 yards (26.5 per game).
- Elijah Cooks’ 169 receiving yards (84.5 yards per game) lead the team. He has 10 receptions.
- Charles Ross has reeled in five passes for 89 yards (89.0 yards per game) this year.
- Justin Lockhart has hauled in six receptions for 76 yards (38.0 ypg) this season.
Western Michigan Players To Watch
- Jack Salopek leads Western Michigan with 522 passing yards (174.0 ypg) on 52-of-97 passing with one touchdown compared to four interceptions this season. He also adds 52 rushing yards (17.3 ypg) on 23 carries.
- Sean Tyler has carried the ball 37 times for a team-high 189 yards (63.0 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season La’Darius Jefferson has piled up 33 carries for 132 yards (44.0 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Corey Crooms’ team-high 169 receiving yards (56.3 yards per game) have come on 18 receptions with one touchdown.
- Jehlani Galloway has put up a 142-yard season so far (47.3 receiving yards per game), reeling in 10 passes.
- Anthony Sambucci’s three grabs have netted him 77 yards (25.7 ypg).