The No. 14 Penn State Nittany Lions (3-0) and Central Michigan Chippewas (1-2) will meet in a matchup at Beaver Stadium in University Park, Pennsylvania. The Chippewas, withmoneyline odds to win, take to the road against the Nittany Lions, listed at on the spread, on September 24, 2022 at 12:00 PM ET on BTN. The game’s over/under is currently listed at .
The insights in what follows reflect odds as of September 23, 2022 at 9:23 AM ET. Check out the table below for the latest odds for this game and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at FanDuel today!
Penn State Vs. Central Michigan Odds
|Penn State (-28)||Over (63.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Penn State||Stats (Rank)||Central Michigan|
|40.7 (27)||Points Per Game||36.3 (49)|
|17.7 (37)||Points Per Game Against||32.0 (100)|
|292.7 (30)||Pass Yards||311.0 (19)|
|272.0 (106)||Pass Yards Against||299.3 (124)|
|192.3 (48)||Rush Yards||163.3 (63)|
|96.3 (36)||Rush Yards Against||98.0 (39)|
|1 (9)||Giveaways||3 (48)|
|3 (72)||Takeaways||2 (98)|
Penn State Vs. Central Michigan Betting Insights
Penn State Stats And Trends
- Penn State is unbeaten against the spread this year.
- Penn State has yet to lose ATS (1-0) as a 28-point favorite or greater this year.
- Every Penn State game has gone over the point total this year.
- The Nittany Lions and their opponent have combined for more than 63.5 points once this year.
- The over/under in this game is 63.5 points, 11.5 higher than the average total in Nittany Lions games this season.
Central Michigan Stats And Trends
- Central Michigan has posted one win against the spread this season.
- A pair of Central Michigan three games in 2022 have hit the over.
- Chippewas games have finished with over 63.5 points one time this year.
- Games involving the Chippewas this year have averaged 58.7 points per game, a 4.8-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
Penn State Players To Watch
- Sean Clifford has thrown for 673 yards (224.3 ypg) to lead Penn State, completing 63.9% of his passes and collecting five touchdown passes and one interception this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 40 rushing yards (13.3 ypg) on 19 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Nicholas Singleton’s team-high 325 rushing yards (108.3 per game) have come on 29 carries, with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Kaytron Allen has rushed for 106 yards (35.3 per game) on 23 carries with two touchdowns.
- Brenton Strange’s 169 receiving yards (56.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has nine receptions with one touchdown.
- Mitchell Tinsley has put together a 158-yard season so far (52.7 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, hauling in 13 passes.
- Parker Washington’s 10 receptions have netted him 148 yards (49.3 ypg).
Central Michigan Players To Watch
- Daniel Richardson has 889 passing yards (296.3 ypg) to lead Central Michigan, completing 57.5% of his passes and throwing seven touchdown passes and two interceptions this season.
- Lew Nichols’ team-high 258 rushing yards (86.0 per game) have come on 71 carries, with five touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 11 catches for 81 yards (27.0 per game).
- This season Myles Bailey has racked up 93 yards (31.0 per game) on 17 attempts, while also catching seven passes for 55 yards (18.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jalen McGaughy’s team-leading 200 receiving yards (66.7 yards per game) have come on 11 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Joel Wilson has caught 16 passes for 165 yards (55.0 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Carlos Carriere’s nine grabs this season have resulted in 144 yards (72.0 ypg) and one touchdown.