The Iron Skillet is on the line when the TCU Horned Frogs (2-0) and the SMU Mustangs (2-1) meet. The Mustangs (on the moneyline to win) will host the Horned Frogs ( ) on September 24, 2022 at 12:00 PM ET. The total for the matchup is set at points.
The betting trends in this article reflect odds as of September 23, 2022 at 9:23 AM ET. Check out the table below for the most up-to-date lines for this outing and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
TCU Vs. SMU Odds
|SMU (+2)||Under (70.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|48.5 (9)||Points Per Game||40.0 (30)|
|15.0 (31)||Points Per Game Against||20.0 (47)|
|294.0 (27)||Pass Yards||346.7 (10)|
|222.5 (75)||Pass Yards Against||194.0 (43)|
|227.5 (19)||Rush Yards||169.0 (59)|
|99.0 (41)||Rush Yards Against||177.7 (105)|
|1 (9)||Giveaways||7 (116)|
|2 (98)||Takeaways||5 (23)|
TCU Vs. SMU Betting Insights
TCU Stats And Trends
- TCU has two wins against the spread this season.
- TCU has covered every time (2-0) as a 2-point favorite or greater this year.
- One of TCU’s two games this season has hit the over.
- The over/under in this game is 70.5 points, 7.5 higher than the average total in Horned Frogs games this season.
SMU Stats And Trends
- SMU has posted one win against the spread this year.
- SMU doesn’t have a win ATS (0-1) as a 2-point underdog or greater this season.
- No SMU game has gone over the point total this season.
- Not one Mustangs game this season has finished with more than 70.5 combined points scored.
- Games involving the Mustangs this year have averaged 68.0 points per game, a 2.5-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
TCU Players To Watch
- Kendre Miller’s team-high 108 rushing yards (54.0 per game) have come on 21 carries, with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Emani Bailey has rushed for 89 yards (44.5 per game) on seven carries with one touchdown.
- Jordan Hudson’s 84 receiving yards (42.0 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s totaled six receptions and one touchdown.
- Taye Barber has collected 75 receiving yards (37.5 yards per game), reeling in four passes this year.
- Blake Nowell’s four receptions have turned into 69 yards (34.5 ypg).
SMU Players To Watch
- Tanner Mordecai leads SMU with 1,013 passing yards (337.7 ypg) on 70-of-117 passing with 10 touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, T.J. McDaniel, has carried the ball 24 times for 156 yards (52.0 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Tre Siggers has taken 31 carries for 140 yards (70.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Rashee Rice’s 491 receiving yards (163.7 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 28 receptions and three touchdowns.
- Jordan Kerley has recorded 133 receiving yards (44.3 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in six passes this year.
- RJ Maryland’s four catches have turned into 88 yards (29.3 ypg) and one touchdown.