The No. 8 Kentucky Wildcats (3-0) hit the field against the Northern Illinois Huskies (1-2) in college football action at Kroger Field in Lexington, Kentucky. The Huskies (on the moneyline to win) and the Wildcats ( ) kick off the action on September 24, 2022 at 7:00 PM ET. The over/under for the contest is set at points.
The betting insights in the following article are based off odds valid as of September 23, 2022 at 10:27 AM ET. Check out the table below for the most up-to-date lines for this outing and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Kentucky Vs. Northern Illinois Odds
|Northern Illinois (+26)||Over (53.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Kentucky||Stats (Rank)||Northern Illinois|
|31.3 (75)||Points Per Game||32.3 (68)|
|9.7 (12)||Points Per Game Against||34.3 (108)|
|294.0 (27)||Pass Yards||218.0 (91)|
|152.0 (17)||Pass Yards Against||284.3 (118)|
|74.3 (120)||Rush Yards||154.7 (76)|
|101.7 (44)||Rush Yards Against||148.3 (78)|
|4 (66)||Giveaways||2 (23)|
|3 (72)||Takeaways||4 (46)|
Kentucky Vs. Northern Illinois Betting Insights
Kentucky Stats And Trends
- Kentucky has covered the spread in every game this year.
- Kentucky has covered every time (1-0) as a 26-point favorite or greater this season.
- None of Kentucky’s three games has gone over the point total in 2022.
- The Wildcats and their opponent have not scored more than 53.5 points combined in a game this season.
- The over/under for this game is 53.5 points, 1.3 more than the average point total for Wildcats games this season.
Northern Illinois Stats And Trends
- Northern Illinois has but one win versus the spread this season.
- All three Northern Illinois games have gone over the point total this year.
- Huskies games have gone over 53.5 points every time so far this season.
- This season, Huskies games have resulted in an average scoring total of 59.0, which is 5.5 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
Kentucky Players To Watch
- Will Levis leads Kentucky with 880 passing yards (293.3 ypg) on 61-of-91 passing with six touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Kavosiey Smoke, has carried the ball 39 times for 178 yards (59.3 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- This season La’Vell Wright has rushed for 58 yards (19.3 per game) on 19 carries.
- Dane Key’s team-high 226 receiving yards (75.3 yards per game) have come on 13 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Tayvion Robinson has totaled 202 receiving yards (67.3 yards per game), hauling in 13 passes this year.
- Barion Brown has hauled in nine catches for 99 yards (33.0 ypg) this season.
Northern Illinois Players To Watch
- Rocky Lombardi leads Northern Illinois with 530 passing yards (176.7 ypg) on 39-of-60 passing with five touchdowns compared to one interception this season.
- Antario Brown’s team-high 203 rushing yards (67.7 per game) have come on 41 carries, with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Harrison Waylee has piled up 152 yards (50.7 per game) on 36 carries with one touchdown.
- Cole Tucker’s team-leading 278 receiving yards (92.7 yards per game) have come on 15 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Shemar Thornton has put together a 149-yard season so far (49.7 receiving yards per game), reeling in 13 passes.
- Kacper Rutkiewicz’s six grabs have netted him 62 yards (31.0 ypg) and three touchdowns.