A Week 1 matchup features the Cincinnati Bengals (0-0) squaring off against the Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0). The Steelers, on the moneyline to win, and the Bengals, listed at on the spread, kick things off on September 11, 2022 at 1:00 PM ET on CBS. A total of points has been set for the contest by sportsbooks.
The betting insights in this article reference odds valid as of September 11, 2022 at 1:48 PM ET. Head to the table below for the latest lines for this contest and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at FanDuel today!
Bengals Vs Steelers Odds
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Bengals (-7)||Over (44.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Rankings (2021)
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||27.1 (7)||20.2 (21)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||22.1 (17)||23.4 (20)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.9 (5)||4.8 (28)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.5 (19)||5.5 (19)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||21 (12)||20 (10)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||21 (17)||22 (14)|
Bengals Betting Insights
- The Bengals’ record against the spread last season was 10-7-0.
- Cincinnati won once ATS (1-2) when favored by 7 points or more last season.
- Last year, eight of Cincinnati’s 17 games went over the point total.
- In 13 games last year, the Bengals and their opponent combined to score more than 44.5 points.
- The over/under in this matchup is 44.5 points, 1.5 fewer than the average total in last season’s Cincinnati contests.
Steelers Betting Insights
- The Steelers’ record against the spread last year was 8-9-0.
- Pittsburgh had no wins ATS (0-1) as underdogs of 7 points or more last year.
- Last season, six of the Steelers’ 17 games went over the point total.
- Last year, six Pittsburgh games featured over 44.5 points scored.
- Steelers games averaged 43.6 total points last season, 0.9 fewer than the total for this matchup.
Bengals Players to Watch
- Joe Burrow’s previous season stat line: 4,611 passing yards (288.2 per game), 366-for-520 (70.4%), 34 touchdowns and 14 picks.
- Joe Mixon churned out 1,205 rushing yards (75.3 per game) and 13 touchdowns last year. In the receiving game, he made 42 catches for 314 yards and three scores.
- Samaje Perine collected 246 rushing yards on 55 carries and one touchdown last season.
- Ja’Marr Chase collected 81 receptions for 1,455 yards and 13 touchdowns last year. He was targeted 128 times, and averaged 85.6 yards per game.
- Tee Higgins amassed 1,091 yards on 74 grabs with six touchdowns. He was targeted 110 times, and averaged 77.9 receiving yards per game.
- Tyler Boyd reeled in 67 passes on 94 targets for 828 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 51.8 receiving yards per game.
- Trey Hendrickson’s hard work last season put together a stat line of 14.0 sacks, 12.0 TFL and 34 tackles.
- Logan Wilson tallied 100 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and four interceptions.
Steelers Players to Watch
- Mason Rudolph connected on 60.3% of his passes and threw for 277 yards and one touchdown last season. Rudolph also helped with his legs, collecting 26.5 yards per game.
- Najee Harris racked up seven rushing touchdowns on 70.6 yards per game last season. Harris was also efficient in the passing game, tallying 74 catches and three touchdowns over the course of the year.
- Benny Snell Jr. ran for 98 yards a year ago.
- Diontae Johnson averaged 72.6 yards on 6.7 receptions per game and compiled eight receiving touchdowns in 2021.
- Chase Claypool caught 59 passes last season on his way to 860 yards and two receiving touchdowns.
- Pat Freiermuth hauled in 60 passes on his way to 497 receiving yards and seven touchdowns a season ago.
- Last year T.J. Watt collected 22.5 sacks, 21.0 TFL and 64 tackles.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick had an impactful defensive performance last season with 124 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two interceptions.
- A year ago Ahkello Witherspoon tallied 15 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and nine passes defended as well as three interceptions.
Best Betting Sites For Bengals vs Steelers
Powered By Data Skrive using data from