The Indianapolis Colts (0-0) will clash with the Houston Texans (0-0) in Week 1. The Colts, listed at on the spread, take the field as visitors on September 11, 2022 at 1:00 PM ET on CBS against the Texans, on the moneyline to win. Bookmakers have listed the game’s over/under at .
The betting facts in the article below reflect odds as of September 11, 2022 at 1:48 PM ET. Keep scrolling for a look at all of the latest odds for this contest and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Colts Vs Texans Odds
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Colts (-7)||Under (46)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Rankings (2021)
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||26.5 (9)||16.5 (30)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||21.5 (9)||26.6 (27)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.6 (15)||4.7 (30)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.6 (22)||5.9 (28)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||19 (8)||22 (13)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||33 (2)||25 (10)|
Colts Betting Insights
- The Colts had 10 wins in 17 games against the spread last year.
- Indianapolis had an ATS record of 3-3 as favorites of 7 points or greater last season.
- In 17 Indianapolis games last season, eight hit the over.
- Seven times last season, the Colts and their opponent combined to score more than 46 points.
- The over/under in this matchup is 46 points, 0.9 fewer than the average total in last season’s Indianapolis contests.
Texans Betting Insights
- The Texans’ record against the spread last season was 8-9-0.
- Against the spread, as underdogs of 7 points or more, Houston went 6-7 last season.
- In 17 Texans games last season, eight of them hit the over.
- Houston games finished with over 46 points scored eight times last year.
- The over/under for this game is 1.3 points higher than the average scoring total for Texans games last season (44.7).
Colts Players to Watch
- Last year Matt Ryan put together 3,968 yards (233.4 per game), a 67% completion percentage, 20 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions.
- Jonathan Taylor took 332 carries for 1,811 yards (106.5 per game) and scored 18 touchdowns last season. When it comes to receiving, he caught 40 passes for 360 yards (21.2 per game) and two TDs.
- Nyheim Hines posted 276 rushing yards on 56 carries and two touchdowns last season. He also made a mark receiving with 40 catches for 310 yards and one score.
- Michael Pittman Jr. picked up 88 receptions for 1,082 yards and six touchdowns last season. He was targeted 129 times, and averaged 63.6 yards per game.
- Mo Alie-Cox grabbed 24 passes on 45 targets for 316 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 18.6 receiving yards per game.
- Yannick Ngakoue’s hard work last season put up a stat line of 10.0 sacks, 8.0 TFL and 28 tackles.
- Bobby Okereke went to work last year, collecting 132 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two interceptions.
- Kenny Moore II intercepted four passes last year while also totaling 102 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and 13 passes defended.
Texans Players to Watch
- Davis Mills threw for an average of 204.9 yards passing per game and completed 16 touchdowns last season.
- Rex Burkhead averaged 26.7 rushing yards per game and tallied three rushing touchdowns.
- Royce Freeman ran for 169 yards a year ago.
- Brandin Cooks averaged 64.8 receiving yards and grabbed six receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Nico Collins collected one touchdown and had 446 receiving yards (31.9 ypg) in 2021.
- Tyler Johnson averaged 21.2 receiving yards per game on 3.2 targets per game a season ago.
- Last year Jonathan Greenard put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 8.0 sacks, and added 9.0 TFL and 33 tackles.
- Kamu Grugier-Hill was a playmaker on defense last season with 108 tackles, 13.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and one interception.
- A year ago Desmond King II recorded 93 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and six passes defended as well as three interceptions.
Best Betting Sites For Colts vs Texans
Powered By Data Skrive using data from