Oddsmakers give the Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) the advantage on Monday, September 14, 2020 against the New York Giants (0-0). Pittsburgh is favored by 6.0 points. The contest has a point total of 46.0.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 13, 2020, 2:52 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings.com.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Steelers Betting Insights
- Pittsburgh’s games went under 46.0 points in 10 out of 14 contests last season (71.4%).
- Pittsburgh finished an even 3-3-1 against the spread in away games last year, and went 3-5 overall on the road.
- Pittsburgh went 7-5-2 against the spread last year.
- The Steelers went just 0-1-1 ATS last season when playing as at least 6.0-point favorites.
- The Steelers averaged 10.1 fewer points per game last season (18.1) than the Giants allowed (28.2).
- When they met or exceeded their scoring average last season, Pittsburgh was 6-3 and 6-1-1 against the spread.
- New York was 2-5 overall and 4-2 against the spread last season in games where they allowed fewer than 28.2 points.
Read more about NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Giants Betting Insights
- Last season, New York games went over the point total in nine of 14 contests.
- New York’s record against the spread last year was 7-7.
- The Giants put roughly the same amount of points on the scoreboard per game last season (21.3) as the Steelers allowed in each contest (18.9) .
- In games where New York scored at least 21.3 points last season, they were 4-2 overall and 5-1 against the spread.
- Pittsburgh was 7-2 overall and 5-3-1 against the spread last season in games where they allowed fewer than 18.9 points.
- New York’s record against the spread in home games last year was just 2-5, and its record at home overall was 2-6.
- Two of Pittsburgh’s games went over 46.0 points last season (12.5% of matchups).
- New York’s games went over 46.0 points nine times last year (56.2% of matchups).
- The teams combined to score 39.4 points per contest last season, 6.6 fewer points than this game’s point total.
- Combined, these teams allowed 47.1 points per contest last year, 1.1 more points than the over/under for this game.
- The average point total in Steelers contests last season was 37, 9.0 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
- The average over/under for Giants outings last year was 49.5, 3.5 more points than this game’s total.
Steelers Players to Watch
- Last year, Mason Rudolph racked up 1,765 passing yards (176.5 yards per game) while going 176-for-283 (62.2% completion percentage) and throwing 13 touchdowns and nine interceptions in 10 games.
- James Conner rushed for 464 yards on 116 attempts (46.4 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns in 10 games a season ago. He also averaged 25.1 receiving yards per game, grabbing 34 passes for 251 yards and three touchdowns.
- In 2019, Benny Snell Jr. ran for 426 yards on 108 carries (32.8 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns over the course of 13 games.
- Last season, James Washington grabbed 44 passes (on 79 targets) for 735 yards (49.0 yards per game) while scoring three touchdowns in 15 games.
- Diontae Johnson added 680 yards on 59 catches with five touchdowns. He was targeted 92 times and averaged 42.5 receiving yards per game over the course of 16 matchups last year.
- Over 12 games in 2019, JuJu Smith-Schuster caught 42 passes on 71 targets for 552 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 46.0 receiving yards per game.
- T.J. Watt showed out with an impressive statline of 14.5 sacks, 14.0 TFL, 55 tackles, and two interceptions over 16 games.
- Devin Bush Jr. totaled 110 tackles, 9.0 TFL, one sack, and two interceptions in 16 games over the course of his 2019 campaign.
- Last season, Minkah Fitzpatrick reeled in five interceptions and added 69 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and nine passes defended in 16 games.
Giants Players to Watch
- Daniel Jones recorded 3,027 passing yards (232.8 yards per game) with a 61.9% completion percentage last year (284-of-459), while throwing 24 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in 13 games. He also added 279 rushing yards on 45 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 21.5 yards per game.
- Saquon Barkley rushed for 1,003 yards on 217 carries (77.2 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns in 13 games a season ago. He also averaged 33.7 receiving yards per game, grabbing 52 passes for 438 yards and two touchdowns.
- In 2019, Jones ran for 279 yards on 45 carries (21.5 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns over the course of 13 games.
- Darius Slayton reeled in 48 passes for 740 yards last season and scored eight touchdowns. He was targeted 83 times and averaged 52.9 yards per game over 14 outings.
- Golden Tate also tacked on 676 yards on 49 catches with six touchdowns. He was targeted 85 times and put up 61.5 receiving yards per game in 11 matchups last year.
- Over 10 games in 2019, Sterling Shepard caught 57 passes on 85 targets for 576 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 57.6 receiving yards per game.
- Last season, Markus Golden put up 10.0 sacks, 13.0 TFL and 72 tackles in 16 games.
- In 16 games over his 2019 campaign, Blake Martinez racked up 154 tackles, 5.0 TFL, three sacks, and one interception.
David DeCastro: Out (Knee)
Levine Toilolo: Questionable (Hamstring),
Golden Tate: Questionable (Hamstring),
Tae Crowder: Questionable (Hamstring)
Powered By Data Skrive